Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

database updates

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:22 pm

I think this program is awesome,
just an idea but what if the database was updated by the user like
cddb is with audio cds for track listings.
may help reduce workload :yes:

Re: database updates

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:21 pm

nitebeatdisco wrote:I think this program is awesome

Thank you very much ! Much more to come, believe me, much more to come !

nitebeatdisco wrote:just an idea but what if the database was updated by the user like cddb is with audio cds for track listings.

I know the current database is lacking because there hasn't been any update since january.

But rejoice ! The first update is on its way, it's a very big one, and it'll be followed by weekly ones !

Then I'll set up a contribution system ;) to fill the remaining gaps in the database.

It might not be totally obvious, but the evolution of the program follows some logical stages...

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Hello...

I just downloaded this program after trying at least three others and really like this one. I'd like to see a few changes that seem similar to other people's ideas I've read here but those aside, great work so far! My hat's off to you for a great product.

I do have one question relating to the subject of the original post I'm replying under.... How often are updates posted? I only ask because as I was inputing my collection I came across the movie "300" and "Next" which are both fairly recent releases and they aren't in the database.

As per your post above, it looks like you intend to push updates often but in the back of my mind, it is a bit scary to think that if for some reason you stop, users will be left with a dead end database. Particularly without the ability to add custom titles.

Thank you again for a great product.

Jeff

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 pm

paratrewpr wrote:How often are updates posted?

Since Coollector 1.0, in January, there has been zero updates. The first update will arrive very soon (it's now a matter of days, really, not weeks or months). Database updates will become weekly after that.

paratrewpr wrote:in the back of my mind, it is a bit scary to think that if for some reason you stop, users will be left with a dead end database. Particularly without the ability to add custom titles.

If for some reason I stop, I'll make the program open source. As simple as that...

But don't rejoice, that's very very very unlikely to happen !

Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:41 am

Well what you've done so far must be a labor of love... Thanks again for your efforts.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:25 pm

paratrewpr wrote:Well what you've done so far must be a labor of love...

Yes, it really is !

I'm passionate with movies, and I want Coollector to become an absolute dream for movie lovers. We're only at the beginning, since I still have tons of improvements in mind :D
Post a reply