It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Making some sort of sub-folders
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm 

Hello. I'm new to this program, and I was wondering if there's an option to sort the movies I own by directors / actors. For example:

-------- JACK NICHOLSON --------

movie1
movie2
movie3
etc

and then, if I want them sorted by directors

Alfred Hitchcock

movie1
movie2
movie3

So basically, use the search function for that specific actor / director and then list all the movies I have with that actor / director. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Making some sort of sub-folders
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 pm 

Tmad wrote:
So basically, use the search function for that specific actor / director and then list all the movies I have with that actor / director. Thanks
In my opinion, there's no need for a new search feature.

If you simply look at a person's filmography, at first glance you can tell which movies you own, and which movies you've seen.

A movie you own has its title underlined, while you're supposed to rate (with a smiley icon) all the movies you've seen.

http://www.coollector.com/help.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 pm 

Thanks for the reply, I got it all figured it out, and you're right, there's no need for another search function.

Anyway, I think that a feature that lets you create your own lists would be really great. For example - Top 10, top 20, top 5 movies of X actor / director. What do you think ?

Another feature that I would like is to see the movies numbered in " OWNED MOVIES " list. So I can see how many movies I rated with " Excellent " and how many I rated with " Very good ".

Also, I have a question: is there any way to disable the prices from " Owned Movies " list ?

Thanks for the effort you put into this great program

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 pm 

Tmad wrote:
Anyway, I think that a feature that lets you create your own lists would be really great. For example - Top 10, top 20, top 5 movies of X actor / director. What do you think ?

I think you'll be satisfied when the tag feature will be added. You'll tag movies with whatever tag you want, and you'll be able to search by tag.

Tmad wrote:
Another feature that I would like is to see the movies numbered in " OWNED MOVIES " list. So I can see how many movies I rated with " Excellent " and how many I rated with " Very good ".

It's already possible to combine the "status" filter with the "rated" filter to list all the movies you own that you've rated excellent or very good.

Tmad wrote:
Also, I have a question: is there any way to disable the prices from " Owned Movies " list ?

Yes, use the menu "Tools->Settings" and uncheck "Display best price in movie search results".

Tmad wrote:
Thanks for the effort you put into this great program

Thank you !