It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestion: total time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm 

I saw that the ratings are based on IMDB. If that's so, would it be possible to add an option that calculates the total time spent watching movies ? For example, if I've seen 500 movies, each movie lasting 2 hours, I'd like to see somewhere that my total time is 1000 hours.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: total time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 pm 

It's a very strange request.

I know that personally I wouldn't use it, and I'm convinced that very few people would.

In my opinion, it'd be a bad idea to make the interface more complex for such a pointless feature.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:40 am 

You're the boss, it's your call.

But I still think it would be a great idea to see how many hours I've spent watching Excellent movies, how many hours I've spent watching Bad movies, and so on. You could make it a settings option, so only the ones that want it would use it. But as I said, you're the boss.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:06 pm 

But you can already get the number of movies that you've rated excellent or bad. I don't think the length of each movie makes a big difference (if you really want to, multiply by 1.5 as an average movie is 1h30mn long).

Also, this feature can't be integrated into the current search, which is all about combining filters. We'd have to create a special search just for that, and in my point of view it's not worth it (the program must keep a good balance between simplicity and number of features).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:17 pm 

Oh, I forgot... Someday, I'll probably add a "statistics" feature to the tools menu. It'll show how many DVDs you own, what's your most collected actor, and other things like that.

Probably your request would fit in there. Don't hold your breath, though. It won't happen until a long time, but it should happen in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 pm 

Yeah, a " statistics " feature would be really great. Thanks for your replies, and keep up the good work.