It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: movies vs. series
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 am 

i have two question/suggestion for you.....

1. in the programme, movies and series are tagged along. now say i want to know which well known movie (and not a series) is the best comedy movie of all time, by imdb standard. what i get are series names with rating more than 9.0 on the top of the list! after scrolling down a lot, i find the best comedy 'movie' as Pulp Fiction. so is there any way to filter them, movies from series???

2. when the imdb button is clicked for a movie or a person it takes me to the links as follows....
people - http://www.imdb.com/name/nmXXXXXXX/filmotype
movies - http://www.imdb.com/title/ttXXXXXXX/combined
now each time i have to delete the last word from the URL, i.e. "filmotype" and "combined" to get the general imdb page. is it really necessary to direct the user to this pages instead of the general imdb page??

btw this is an amazing software! :clap:

Post subject: Re: movies vs. series
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:21 am 

ChesterX wrote:
now say i want to know which well known movie (and not a series) is the best comedy movie of all time, by imdb standard.

If you want to filter out series, click the "More Filters" button, and select "movies and series". Once this filter has been added, set it to "movies".

Now you have 2 possibilities:

1) order the movies by IMDb popularity, and go down the list until you find a movie with a very good rating => Pulp Fiction.

2) order the movies by IMDb rating, and go down the list until you find a very popular movie (dark green color) => Pulp Fiction again.

ChesterX wrote:
is it really necessary to direct the user to this pages instead of the general imdb page??

The IMDb has recently changed its layout, and many users don't like the new layout (including me). Coollector directs you to the old layout. I consider it's an added value of Coollector, because the new layout contains less information, and you have to click links that are difficult to find (at the bottom of the page) in order to get more information. The IMDb has more information than Coollector, but the new layout only shows essential information that Coollector already provides. So, as a Coollector user, it makes more sense to be directed to the old layout.

ChesterX wrote:
now each time i have to delete the last word from the URL

There's an easier way: click "main details" on the left pane (below "Overview"). But please compare the old and the new layout, and you'll see that the new layout is useless (more beautiful, but less informative and less ergonomical).

ChesterX wrote:
btw this is an amazing software! :clap:

Thank you very much !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:37 am 

Yeah i also like old layout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 am 

I really dislike the new layout on IMDB. The old layout is far superior. Thanks for linking to it.