It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Additional ORDERED option: Release Date
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:08 pm 

First off, LOVE this program. In the past, i've tried various DVD organizational programs and they all falled short for one reason or another (Collectorz, DVD Profiler, etc) AND they cost money. I found your program yesterday and could NOT believe someone created a program with all the best features of the programs out there, and it's FREE. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The one option i'd like to see is the abilitiy to sort my OWN list by Distribution date. When i'm choosing a movie from my library to watch, i like to see the newest (most recently released) at the top of my list. (the IMDB rating and popularity aren't really that useful to me, i prefer to form my own opinion. the Title option is okay, and could be useful if looking for a specific movie, but a "release date" order would be fantastic. (I could then even "print" a list in release order date.)
Thanks again for creating such a fantastic program. (and i will definitely use your "help" link to shop thru on Amazon. I shop Amazon a LOT.)

Post subject: Re: Additional ORDERED option: Release Date
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:11 pm 

ronig wrote:
First off, LOVE this program.

Thank you very much ! We have great improvements coming soon !

ronig wrote:
The one option i'd like to see is the abilitiy to sort my OWN list by Distribution date. When i'm choosing a movie from my library to watch, i like to see the newest (most recently released) at the top of my list.

I had never thought about listing by distribution date, but I promise that I will think about it. What I was considering was to add a purchase date field, which would allow to list your purchase in chronological order. It would be especially useful when you send your coollection to your friends, as they would easily discover what videos you have purchased recently.

ronig wrote:
Thanks again for creating such a fantastic program. (and i will definitely use your "help" link to shop thru on Amazon. I shop Amazon a LOT.)

Awesome ! Thank you very much !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:56 am 

I didn't read the "distribute date" reply thoroughly the first time. a purchased date would not be useful to me as I used your incredibly fantastic awesome function of uploading a file folder text list of 280 movies and am not going to each movie to enter a purchase date. (I think that's what you were suggesting). I would much prefer that once the movies are entered, they automatically add release date based on database. which could then be sorted by that date. does that make sense?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 am 

ronig wrote:
I would much prefer that once the movies are entered, they automatically add release date based on database. which could then be sorted by that date. does that make sense?

What I have in mind is a combination of all that.

When you'll add a new owned video, the "purchase date" field of that video would automatically be set to "today". Of course, you'd be able to adjust that value for all your videos, anytime you want.

And when listing your videos by order of purchase date, the purchase date field would be used prioritarily, but when it's not set at all (videos you entered before that field exists), then the program would use the "release date" field instead.

Would you be satisfied by this solution ?