Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

V2.99.2 Freezes While Scrolling Through Thumbnail Titles

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 am

Hi (cool)Hector,

I upgraded from 2.94 to 2.99.2 today. Great new feature to scroll the thumbnails. Makes for a very friendly selection experience when looking for a movie to play. :up:

Here's my symptoms:
If I start Collector normally (from the short cut) and view my default MyCollection.cool and scroll the titles everything works fine (both "Owned" and the entire DB).

If I open a collection directly by double clicking on it, for instance "network2.cool" I can scroll through the full database but if I filter on "owned" then I can only scroll one screen and Coollector freezes. I can consistently recreate the problem regardless of whether the "network2.cool" collection is on my NAS or on my local C:/ drive.

This is on a Win7 Pro machine. Let me know if you want it tested on XP. Also happy to run a debug program if you want to post one.

Regards,
~KnoWei

Re: V2.99.2 Freezes While Scrolling Through Thumbnail Titles

Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:46 am

I have just fixed a bug that could explain your symptoms:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=556

Please replace your Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

and tell me if your problem is fixed or not.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 am

Bulls-eye! :V:

Works perfectly now. I'll try it out tonight on the big screen. :D

Thanks for the ultra quick turnaround!

If I may hi-jack my own thread... 8)

What governs the rate of scrolling? Is that something in Coollector that could be parameterized or is it a function of my machine/nas performance?

Regards,
~KnoWei

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 am

KnoWei wrote:What governs the rate of scrolling? Is that something in Coollector that could be parameterized or is it a function of my machine/nas performance?

We use a timer, but the speed of your machine, especially the speed of your hard drive, can have an influence.

What did you observe ?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:20 am

I wouldn't mind being able to speed up the scroll a bit for my use. Takes a long time to get to the bottom of the stack of owned movies. Typically we are scrolling to decide what to watch. So we just want to get to the next screen, scan it (visually, I mean), and either pick one or move on to the next screen.

Not a big deal. Still the best thing going for a movie collector. :yes:

~KnoWei

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 am

I'll consider improving the scrolling in the future.

But for the moment, I'm too busy preparing Coollector version 3.0.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:26 am

(cool) Hector wrote:But for the moment, I'm too busy preparing Coollector version 3.0.

"Cool" - I'd much rather see that.

Keep up the great work!

~KnoWei
Post a reply