It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Helpers??? Love Software but need some things that not in.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:02 am 

First I will say that I am amazed at some of the movies you have as part of the DB....Iron & Silk!!!....flipside I am amazed at some of the movies missing Pure LUCK(Glover and Short) not exactly unknowns. I would be more than happy to submit data if necessary for even help code if I have too, although I am not sure what you are working in I am fairly flexible.

Interface is pretty awesome and I would be ecstatic if I could do formatted printing or any printing/export for that matter. I just spent the last 4 hours inputting about 300 VHS tapes and now have equal or greater number of DVDs to do. Also noticed what other guy said about the TV tapes as well.

I can live with most of it, but wow man no print really hurts your stuff. I plan to keep my collection or a copy of it at my friends vacation house to help him out with his renter's but with no printing it is kind of moot cause I don't think a comp in the house will do.

Anyway no matter what it is quite an awesome feat and I must admit I would be daunted at the task of grabbing all that movie info myself. I was getting ready to manually enter it in a DB....still might depending on your answer but at least might be easier after looking at your ordered DB of my stuff.

Congrats and i look forward to hearing from you.

Chuck

Post subject: Re: Helpers??? Love Software but need some things that not
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:15 pm 

manic_enigma wrote:
First I will say that I am amazed at some of the movies you have as part of the DB....Iron & Silk!!!

I haven't seen this movie... what's the problem with it ? It's obscure ? It's bad ? Whatever, we're trying to build an exhaustive database, just give us time.

manic_enigma wrote:
flipside I am amazed at some of the movies missing Pure LUCK(Glover and Short) not exactly unknowns.

I checked and it won't be in the new database either. There's no DVD of this movie, and that probably explains why it's not already in. But it WILL be added. From version 2.0, we'll keep improving the database week after week, month after month. And we'll add "Pure Luck" in priority, now that we know someone is missing it !

(by the way, I recommend watching the original movie, "Knock on Wood (La Chèvre)", which I find much superior) ;)

manic_enigma wrote:
Interface is pretty awesome and I would be ecstatic if I could do formatted printing or any printing/export for that matter.

There's already an export feature, but I'm afraid it's not quite easy to find. I'll soon change the interface to make it more explicit.

1) go to the movie search.
2) move from "string search" to "criterion search" (by clicking its tab, at the top of the panel).
3) select the combination of criteria you want, for instance to display the movies you own.
4) hit the "print results" button. You'll have the choice to export as a text file or in iPod notes format.

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Helpers??? Love Software but need some things that not
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:20 pm 

manic_enigma wrote:
Also noticed what other guy said about the TV tapes as well.

We'll start adding TV series in a few weeks, probably in February.

Post subject: Thanks for help!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 pm 

I really appreciate the time you have taken for software as well as in replying so quick.

The movie Iron and Silk is definitely what I would call obscure, but I love it...surprised me that you had it in. Since I collect some rather obscure ones I even have others you do not, but was not surprised, doubt if I could find them anywhere. Now I understand however why some are not in the software, because they are not on DVD, that explains alot.

I will probably end up exporting some of my VHSs to allow me to add some of my other ones, but I have half a dozen that you have partial information on, is there a way to send the information into you for addition?

Also, I have the covers of some movies that you do not and am willing to scan them in and send them to you if you want....just let me know what format you would like.

I am more than willing to submit any additional information for adds/edits, if you want them.

Once again thank you for awesome support! I am IT manager at work and I deal alot with support. You are truly awesome! Thank you for such quick and concise answers! :hi:

Post subject: Re: Thanks for help!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:37 pm 

manic_enigma wrote:
Now I understand however why some are not in the software, because they are not on DVD, that explains alot.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we reject a movie because it's not on DVD. It only means that we're still early in the process of building our movies encyclopedia, and we're starting with the movies which are on DVD.

We're not yet ready for it, but as soon as possible, we'll also add movies that people report are missing. We'll even add movies just released in theaters.

And if you have cover scans to contribute, we'll gladly accept them, except that we're not yet ready for it. Future versions of Coollector will handle multiple images per movie and per video, as well as high definition scans. But as I said, it's not there yet.

I'm glad you already like what you see. A little bit of patience, and you'll see how we'll keep improving... Week after week... Month after month... Year after year...

Post subject: Many thanks....have a last question
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:16 am 

Thanks I look forward to seeing what happens.

Last question...does it print any more than title and year?

Not a lot of info considering there is so much else to help you figure what you need to decide about movie. Can we get the blurb about movie and top actor/actresses somehow? If not is okay I will add after the fact manually.

Thanks,

chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:11 am 

The export feature is minimal. I'll elaborate on it when I'll have some time.