It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature requests
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 pm 

Here are several things I would like to see added or at least considered.

1. database linking between the installed and portable versions, with the ability to do two-way update of the database. In otherwords, if I have the portable version on my flash drive and I add movies to it on a different machine, when I plug back into the machine with the installed version it checks the portable database for changes and updates the database with anything new I have added. Vice versa for the other way around as well.

2. Ability to be able to manually add other online movie database's to the program. Allowing for easily adding movies and their meta-data which may not appear in IMDB.

3. Lockout ability to be able to password protect the program from unauthorized changes. I.E. keeping my kids from adding movies accidentaly or adding something I dont want, or dont own.

4. Ability to add custom picture covers for movies added that I own.

5. List whether or not a soundtrack is available for any movie owned or unowned that you are looking at in the program.

6. List whether a remake of a movie is available... i.e. King Kong, or The Blob... (The old 1958 version of the Blob would also list that it has a remake and include a link to the new version made in 1988.) This would be especially helpful if the two movies actually had different names. i.e. (How the grinch stole christmas versus Grinch) Those two had entirely different names.

7. List whether a Game based on the movie has been made. (I know, I know... some movies are based on games and not the other way around. Some however were the opposite.

Thats all I could think of for now.... If any of these have been requested before, or are undoable because of limitations of programming then please disregarg those.

P.S. Love this program.... wish they had a program like this for Other collections as well ;)

Post subject: Re: Feature requests
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 am 

leaningoakranch wrote:
if I have the portable version on my flash drive and I add movies to it on a different machine, when I plug back into the machine with the installed version it checks the portable database for changes and updates the database with anything new I have added. Vice versa for the other way around as well.

Sorry, but we have no plan for that. You should only use the coollection on your flash drive.

leaningoakranch wrote:
Ability to be able to manually add other online movie database's to the program. Allowing for easily adding movies and their meta-data which may not appear in IMDB.

We don't have plans for that either. The IMDb is our reference. There's no better movie database out there, and they accept user contributions.

leaningoakranch wrote:
Lockout ability to be able to password protect the program from unauthorized changes. I.E. keeping my kids from adding movies accidentaly or adding something I dont want, or dont own.

We plan to add different accounts for each member of the family. Children would be able to rate the movies, but they wouldn't be allowed to add or remove videos.

leaningoakranch wrote:
Ability to add custom picture covers for movies added that I own.

Yes.

leaningoakranch wrote:
List whether or not a soundtrack is available for any movie owned or unowned that you are looking at in the program.

We don't plan to add this information to our movie database. You'll have to wait until we've created our music database. There'll be a "movie soundtrack" genre.

leaningoakranch wrote:
List whether a remake of a movie is available

Yes.

leaningoakranch wrote:
List whether a Game based on the movie has been made.

We don't plan to add this information to our movie database. You'll have to wait until we've created our video games database. Most major movies have their video game counterpart.

leaningoakranch wrote:
P.S. Love this program.... wish they had a program like this for Other collections as well ;)

Thank you very much ! We plan to create several other databases: documentaries, sexy movies, books, music, video games...