It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DB Combine & Sticky Settings
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 pm 

organiq wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
What do the other users think ?

Why not, but no need for that in Win7 - there is possibility to selective decrease (or completely mute) volume just for the Coolector.

Where is that? I don't see any such option.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

GW: I can't find a "xxxx.cool" file.

HECTOR: It's inside "My Documents\Coollector".

GW: I got it now. I had to add a video first for it to create one. :)

Btw, maybe there could be a *different* color for the underline that shows that the video is owned? It's not very noticeable being the same color as the rest of the text. Maybe??? Like a *RED* underline? That would really make the Owned movies stand out and would be great, I think!

GW: Also, I actually have two folders that have the same exact name in my Documents folder, which actually shouldn't be possible. I'd send ya a pic to show ya, if ya want. They're both called "Coollector".

HECTOR: It seems like your Windows is set up to hide the file extensions.

GW: No, it's not. Trust me, my Windows is tweaked out and set up for a tech. :)

HECTOR: If your music stops playing, maybe you have a problem with your sound card.

GW: It doesn't stop playing. I hear the clicks as I'm listening to the music. That's what the problem is. No offense, but it's annoying.

I think you should, as you thought of doing, disable the sound. Or make it an option to turn it on and off.

HECTOR: Have you tried "Subscribe topic" ?

GW: I am subscribed to the topic. It does that by default anyway, when you create a new topic in it, as I did with this topic. What I am talking about is a separate option in forums.

The forum needs an option to send an email when a new message/response is posted in the topic someone is subscribed to. It has one that says to "Notify me when a reply is posted", but there is usually a second option in forums, that says; "Notify me by email when a new message is posted".

Trust me, I have subscribed to a lot of forums and I am very familiar with this option! I enable it every time, in every forum that I register for. :)

Last edited by GiantWaffle on Sat May 28, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:16 pm 

GiantWaffle wrote:

I think what Organiq was referring to is this:
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 9.01 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]

Click the volume icon in the tray, then click mixer
The window that now appears should allow you to control the volume for individual applications.
Attachment:
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG [ 31.3 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]

Hope that helped :)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:19 pm 

KAKASHI: The 'document library' in win 7 is a merger of the 'My Documents' and 'Public Documents' folder. There is a Coollector folder in each location and so two folders will usually be shown (at least that's how it is on my system).

HECTOR: I don't understand.

On my system:
'My Documents' => 'C:\Users\Hector\Documents'
'Public Documents' => 'C:\Users\Public\Documents'

They are 2 different folders, they are not merged. And on your screenshot, they don't seem to be merged either.

GW: I think he's talking about the "Documents" folder under the "Libraries" folder at the top of the tree when you open "Windows Explorer" and not the one under each user name, those being found under the "Users" folder.. What he said would make sense then. :)

I have just never seen as OS able to display two folder of the same name, within the same folder before. But it is actually listing two separate Documents folders and just not telling you that's what it's doing. Like I said, what he said makes sense. I forgot all about that being a combo folder. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 pm 

kakashi wrote:
GiantWaffle wrote:

I think what Organiq was referring to is this:
Attachment:
Untitled.jpg

Click the volume icon in the tray, then click mixer
The window that now appears should allow you to control the volume for individual applications.
Attachment:
Capture3.JPG

Hope that helped :)

Yea, I see what you mean. It isn't the mixer though. But Hector is thinking about eliminating the sound anyway. I hope he does. :)

Thanks, dude.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:38 pm 

GiantWaffle wrote:
But Hector is thinking about eliminating the sound anyway. I hope he does. :)

Yes, I have removed it. It'll be available on monday.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:31 pm 

GiantWaffle wrote:
maybe there could be a *different* color for the underline that shows that the video is owned? It's not very noticeable being the same color as the rest of the text. Maybe??? Like a *RED* underline? That would really make the Owned movies stand out and would be great, I think!

It's not possible. I onlyset the font to be underlined, I have no control on the color of the line. Also, I really doubt that would look good.

GiantWaffle wrote:
The forum needs an option to send an email when a new message/response is posted in the topic someone is subscribed to. It has one that says to "Notify me when a reply is posted", but there is usually a second option in forums, that says; "Notify me by email when a new message is posted".

Trust me, I have subscribed to a lot of forums and I am very familiar with this option! I enable it every time, in every forum that I register for. :)

Sorry, I couldn't find that option. The forum is a phphBB 3.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:36 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
GiantWaffle wrote:
But Hector is thinking about eliminating the sound anyway. I hope he does. :)

Yes, I have removed it. It'll be available on monday.

Thanks, dude! :)

Any shot at that different color for the underline thing I mentioned? It would really make the underline on the Owned videos pop! :) They'd be a lot easier to notice when you're scrolling through a combined list (Owned and Not Owned together). It's up to you. It's just that ya don't really notice the underline when all the text is the same blue color, ya know what I mean?

It's a great feature to have that underline there! It would just be nice if it were a bit easier to see, like a red or something (only for the underline).

Or, another idea to use instead of underlining (this may be too big of a change), is to get rid of the underline and just have it list any Owned videos with red text for the titles. That would pop even more. :)

Just my humble suggestions. They may be garbage. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:46 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
It's not possible. I onlyset the font to be underlined, I have no control on the color of the line.

Changing the color of the text should also change the color of the line.
text

Or there's the option of a different color text and no line.
text

(cool) Hector wrote:
I really doubt that would look good.

Not unless the line and text underlined are the same color

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm 

GiantWaffle wrote:
another idea to use instead of underlining (this may be too big of a change), is to get rid of the underline and just have it list any Owned videos with red text for the titles. That would pop even more. :)

I thought that underlining the text was enough, but yes, I could also change the text color.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:54 pm 

kakashi wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
I really doubt that would look good.

Not unless the line and text underlined are the same color

Yes, it's definitively better if the text is the same color.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm 

GiantWaffle wrote:
It would just be nice if it were a bit easier to see, like a red or something

(cool) Hector wrote:
GiantWaffle wrote:
another idea to use instead of underlining (this may be too big of a change), is to get rid of the underline and just have it list any Owned videos with red text for the titles. That would pop even more. :)

I thought that underlining the text was enough, but yes, I could also change the text color.

I like that idea but don't use pure red (FF0000) though because it can be hard to read at times. I think that adding red to your current color mix would suffice.

edit: The resulting purple should work better with your color scheme. I notice you've already made use of similar colors for 'starring' and 'production' etc.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:09 pm 

kakashi wrote:
I like that idea but don't use pure red (FF0000) though because it can be hard to read at times.

Of course.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:34 am 

Which version do you prefer ? Red or yellow ?

Attachment:
Red.png
Red.png [ 73.92 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]

Attachment:
Yellow.png
Yellow.png [ 74.52 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:40 am 

I'd definitely have to say yellow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next