It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: updates - pricing
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:43 am 

is there anyway to perform an update check WITHOUT checking pricing? i don't care about pricing, i want the most updated list of movies you have in database. I had to turn off update when starting program b/c it simply takes too long each time i want to open Coollector and look for a movie i own that i want to watch. I update occasionally when i have the program open but i still don't ilke waiting for it to check pricing.

one other question, is there any other way to SAVE my Coollector when it's open without having to close it?

Post subject: Re: updates - pricing
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:39 am 

ronig wrote:
is there anyway to perform an update check WITHOUT checking pricing? i don't care about pricing

I asked a similar question not too long ago :) : http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=637

ronig wrote:
is there any other way to SAVE my Coollector when it's open without having to close it

I'm also curious about the answer to this, I would also like an option to change the default collection file to another file in another location.

Post subject: Re: updates - pricing
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:16 am 

kakashi wrote:
I asked a similar question not too long ago :) : http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=637

Yep, and the answer is still the same: I'll change that behaviour when I'll find time.

ronig wrote:
is there any other way to SAVE my Coollector when it's open without having to close it

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Any time you make any change (like rating a movie or adding an owned video), that change is immediatly saved on disk. If the program or your computer crashes, you don't lose the changes that you've made.

What happens when you close the program, it's that a new backup file is created if you made some changes during that session.

kakashi wrote:
I would also like an option to change the default collection file to another file in another location.

I will never add such an option because it could scare users that are not computer savvy. If you want to use a different location, then you're an advanced user, and you know that you can place a coollection file anywhere you want, and open it by double-clicking it.

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#coollection