Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Feature Request - Reporting! A more detailed Owned List

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm

I would love to create either an HTML or more detailed List of owned movies. I have spent time going through the 1100 movies I own but can only export a text list.

I see this as an ongoing option that will probably come over time. I love the database and am very happy to find many older obscure films that I own in it.

I would love to see the IMDB rating on there (out of 10) eventually!

Re: Feature Request - Reporting! A more detailed Owned List

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Welcome on the forum tremanners, and thank you for your enthusiasm !

tremanners wrote:I would love to create either an HTML or more detailed List of owned movies. I have spent time going through the 1100 movies I own but can only export a text list.

Exporting to html seems very easy to code. I just have to look at how html templates work, and this feature should be added pretty soon.

tremanners wrote:I would love to see the IMDB rating on there (out of 10) eventually!

I have plan to provide several links for each movie: link to IMDb and other reference sites, link to trailers, etc...

I also have plan to provide online hosting of your coollection, as a backup, and also for your friends to see it. When it's done, I'll be able to make statistics that will go back into the program: e.g. 126 persons rated this movie excellent, 230 rated it very good, etc...

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Good idea! I am a movie fan with over 1100 DVD movies and the author of a 2007 completed 400 page book about Alfred Hitchcock and his films (PDF available for a small fee to Paypal).

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:26 pm

tremanners wrote:I am a movie fan with over 1100 DVD movies and the author of a 2007 completed 400 page book about Alfred Hitchcock and his films (PDF available for a small fee to Paypal).

We are honored to have you here :D

You're welcome to post a link to your book/PDF (or place it in your signature).
Post a reply