It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Do you sort your movies by "Genre" i.e. Action, Comedy etc?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Question or possible feature request!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm 

I searched the forum index before posting this reply and I did not see an answer.

Is it possible to write to the details of a file to list the "title" and "genre" of the movie? These are "Property" details which can be assigned to the file, I assume during the initial creation but if they can be edited with the IMDB information then the files in the folders can be sorted based on the true title or the genre for reasons of sorting via folders.

Thank you!

MLMs

Post subject: Re: Question or possible feature request!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:07 pm 

Simply create an "action" folder where you'll put all your action movies. A "comedy" folder, a "drama" folder, a "western" folder, etc...

If you append the genre to the file name, then the automatic video file scanning won't work anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Simply create an "action" folder where you'll put all your action movies. A "comedy" folder, a "drama" folder, a "western" folder, etc...

If you append the genre to the file name, then the automatic video file scanning won't work anymore.

I am using the folder option currently, but I have many files to sort and I wondered since your app is already gathering the metadata information could it change the blank property options which all media files have to include the information from IMDB, i.e. the genre, title, rating etc.

Not to change the title of the file as it is listed within the folder but to change the properties. For example right-click on a file, go to "Properties" and then the "Details" tab. There you will find editable fields for the Star rating you want to give it etc. including the genre, title, tag etc. These fields can be bulk edited with the information you are collecting from IMDB, in turn if you add the field to your folder (the sub ribbon where you can change the sort, Name, Date, Size, ascending, descending etc. you can add the field Genre.

This would show the newly added "Comedy" listing in the Genre field and allow you to sort on all the Comedies, Action movies etc. then you can either place them in separate folders or just use that field for a quick folder-level view of all of your Comedies.

MLMs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:14 pm 

That can't work with genres, because most movies have more than 1 genre.

Also, I don't see the point of editing the file attributes to list the videos from Windows Explorer, when you can list them from Coollector, in a much satisfying way.

Simply click the menu "Movies->Playable", then apply all the filters that you want.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:45 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
That can't work with genres, because most movies have more than 1 genre.

Also, I don't see the point of editing the file attributes to list the videos from Windows Explorer, when you can list them from Coollector, in a much satisfying way.

Simply click the menu "Movies->Playable", then apply all the filters that you want.

Yes, your app is awesome, especially in that respect! Still, I just had to ask. :) Thanks for responding!

Tony