It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Feature request
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 pm 

First thank you for this awesome program....

Some features that I think its good to add.

1. The Awards of the movie received should be add and put in the movie panel. Icon of award giving bodies i think will be good.
2. Also the Award of the Actors/actress received should be put in the person panel beside the picture.
3. Character Name on the movie instead of "Starring" below actors name.
4. Add basic info of actors. like Birth Name, Nickname and Height.

**i found out that some of the person don't have their age displayed, but when I checked on IMDB they have their birthdate.
**If this program can handle unlimited number of movies in its database, why not put all movies from IMDB?
**I know that if there missing movie in the databse, we would request. How many movies can i request (maximum) per update? Because i have a lot of movies i've already watched that not found in the database.. not english movies.

Post subject: Re: Feature request
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:22 pm 

Galaxian wrote:
1. The Awards of the movie received should be add and put in the movie panel. Icon of award giving bodies i think will be good.

That Sounds like it would look rather cool. i really hate reading the long lists of awards in some movie descriptions. Icons would be so much cooler. :D

I'm interested in hearing the answer too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 pm 

Galaxian wrote:
First thank you for this awesome program....

Thank you very much !

Galaxian wrote:
2. Also the Award of the Actors/actress received should be put in the person panel beside the picture.
3. Character Name on the movie instead of "Starring" below actors name.

Those 3 features are on my todo list, and I hope that they'll come true during the next 6 months.

But I doubt we'll have specific icons for each award.

Galaxian wrote:
4. Add basic info of actors. like Birth Name, Nickname and Height.

I have no plan for this. We only keep the most important information in our database. For more details, you can click the IMDb button.

Galaxian wrote:
**i found out that some of the person don't have their age displayed, but when I checked on IMDB they have their birthdate.

Please give me some names.

Galaxian wrote:
**If this program can handle unlimited number of movies in its database, why not put all movies from IMDB?

1) we don't pull the data from the IMDb. Adding a movie requires a lot of work on our part. The IMDb is one of the many references that we use. We grow our database as fast as we can. And to make sure that users don't miss a movie, we add the user requests in priority.

2) we'll probably never have as many movies as the IMDb. It's not our goal to be exhaustive. The movies we have missing are not missed very much, since nobody requested them. ;)

Galaxian wrote:
**I know that if there missing movie in the databse, we would request. How many movies can i request (maximum) per update? Because i have a lot of movies i've already watched that not found in the database.. not english movies.

Because our processing power is limited, please be reasonable and don't request more than 100 movies each week.

One of our users, Infinito, has taken the habit to mail me the posters for the movies that he requests. That's a tremendous help ! Maybe you could do the same, and request more movies per week.

For instance, when Infinito requests the movie "tt1234567 Movie Title", he sends me the picture "tt1234567 Movie Title.jpg" at my address: hector at coollector dot com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 pm 

kakashi wrote:
i really hate reading the long lists of awards in some movie descriptions. Icons would be so much cooler. :D

As I said, I doubt that we'll have icons. But the way we'll handle awards will be much improved. With the ability to make filtered searches, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
As I said, I doubt that we'll have icons. But the way we'll handle awards will be much improved. With the ability to make filtered searches, etc...

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm 

thanks for quick response..

Those 3 features are on my todo list, and I hope that they'll come true during the next 6 months.

>>>:D

Please give me some names.

>>>Marian Rivera, Gina Alajar, Lani Mercado

One of our users, Infinito, has taken the habit to mail me the posters for the movies that he requests. That's a tremendous help ! Maybe you could do the same, and request more movies per week.

>>>I'll try my best to to mail you the poster of my requested movies if available.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 pm 

Galaxian wrote:
>>>Marian Rivera, Gina Alajar, Lani Mercado

Marian Rivera => you're right. Maybe the date has been added recently and we're lagging behind.

Gina Alajar => she doesn't have a date of birth. You have to read her full biography to find it.

Lani Mercado => even her biography only mentions the birth of her 6 children.