It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: RUNNING TIME
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:59 am 

HI EVERYBODY I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS Q SO I CREATED A NEW POST.
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS I'V EVER SEEN , ONE OF MY FRIENDS LET ME HAVE THIS COLLECTOR, I AM USING IT BUT I COULDN'T FIND THE RUNNING TIME OF THE FILM AND ALSO I THINK THAT LACK OF STYLES OR THEMES (I MEAN DIFFERENT COLORS) MAKE THE PROGRAM A LITTLE BIT BORING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:58 pm 

hi again while working on the program to make my own list i encountered sth, if u check ''Francois Truffaut'' just because of the spellings this director's film divided into 2 parts part 1 with french spelling contains only one film :400 blows, and part 2 the rest of his films. I JUST wated to report this.

Post subject: Re: RUNNING TIME
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:21 pm 

reza shabani wrote:
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS I'V EVER SEEN

Thank you very very much :D

reza shabani wrote:
I COULDN'T FIND THE RUNNING TIME OF THE FILM

The running time isn't a movie information, but a video information instead. Because a movie can have several versions, for instance a director's cut version that runs 15 minutes longer than the usual version.
When you click on "existing videos" (bottom right of the movie panel) and select a video, you get the running time information for this video.

reza shabani wrote:
ALSO I THINK THAT LACK OF STYLES OR THEMES (I MEAN DIFFERENT COLORS) MAKE THE PROGRAM A LITTLE BIT BORING.

I plan to add a skin system, but not until many many months, because I have tons of other features to add before. Well, if you're a really talented artist, you can send sketches of how you'd like Coollector to look, and if it's worth it, I'll modify the program.

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 pm 

reza shabani wrote:
hi again while working on the program to make my own list i encountered sth, if u check ''Francois Truffaut'' just because of the spellings this director's film divided into 2 parts part 1 with french spelling contains only one film :400 blows, and part 2 the rest of his films. I JUST wated to report this.

Thank you for reporting this bug that I had already noticed... and fixed ! 8)
There are many other examples: Gérard Depardieu, André Téchiné (split in 3 !), Luis Buñuel, etc...
They're all fixed with the new database that I will release on thirsday or Friday (from now on, encyclopedia updates will really be weekly).