It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Editing and crash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm 

Hi everyone! Newbie here. :D

Crash: Here is what happened. Scan of video files was done. I read some about how to remove a given film (I own Spiderman 3 and Coollector said it was just Spider). So I began removing films by clicking on them and then telling Coollector to remove the film. I got to the last entry and Coollector just crashed. Never even got to click on the film. I have the dump and am uploading it here.

Edit: What I really wanted to do was to edit which film Coollector thought the series was (ie: Change it from just "Spider" to "Spiderman 3"). I've tried left clicking, right clicking, F1-F12, and nothing. Is there no way to edit an entry? Do you have to just rename and reload everything? If so, I'd like to put in a request to be able to edit information in the database such as which film in the iMDB the file should be associated with.

I've read the response from Hector (whom I hope reads this) where Hector says "Change the name and scan it back in again". I realize that you (Hector) may be very very busy, but a simple dialog to be able to change a simple mistake within the program would be much better than dumping everything and having to re-read everything in. Since you already have a way to bring up the iMDB, it would be easy to do so so a person can find the correct information, Once the correct entry has been found, the user could then copy/paste from the iMDB the hyper link or some other information you need. Having the new information would allow you to automatically update the database and you could even modify the filename so it is correct.

In my case, my filename is "spiderman3 title 1.wmv" I had converted my DVD over to a set of WMV files because the WMV files take up a lot less room. I probably should have left it as a DVD but this was an experiment to see if I could do it. I also realize that a simple regexp change (/spider\s*man\s*3/) would find the film. So maybe I should say that you might consider allowing people to put in their own regexp's for a given name? Either way: 1)Be able to edit the information, or 2)Be able to modify the regexps used.

Here is the dump.

Attachments:
File comment: xml file
Coollector.xml [9.47 KiB]
Downloaded 255 times
Coollector.dmp [158.25 KiB]
Downloaded 233 times

Post subject: Re: Editing and crash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:02 pm 

markem wrote:
I'd like to put in a request to be able to edit information in the database

The database is the same for all users. It is also updated regularly so there is no need to edit the small details yourself :D . Problems/errors are usually reported and fixed pretty quickly, so just report an error if you see one or request an addition if necessary.

markem wrote:
In my case, my filename is "spiderman3 title 1.wmv"

Try renaming it as "spider-man 3 title 1.wmv" you ave an incorrect spelling for the title.

For the rest you'll have to wait for a response from hector.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Try renaming it as "spider-man 3 title 1.wmv" you ave an incorrect spelling for the title.

Yes, people often make that mistake, but it's "Spider-Man", not "Spiderman".

Either you rename your video file and scan again, either you associate the file manually, by going to the movie "Spider-Man 3" and clicking the "play" icon below the title.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm 

markem wrote:
What I really wanted to do was to edit which film Coollector thought the series was (ie: Change it from just "Spider" to "Spiderman 3").

The video file has been associated to the wrong movie. You must remove it from that movie, then go to the right movie, and associate the file to it. Or... rename your video file and make another automatic scan.