It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 possible additions?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:03 am 

Can you make the print feature pop up a new window? So we might pick what we would like printed? IE type of DVD, Movie Name, Rating, How many owned, maybe our rating?

And secondly can you add in a way to adjust if this Movie is also PSP, AVI, Divx ect.. i have some movies i keep on a hard drive and it would be nice to print a list of those by the search criteria. With those two added features i think this program would be very nice. Could i suggest adding one button to the very top tho. a print button for new users, make it in addition to your current search button?

One other thing you might add is a help file, so those who dont know about how to print can find those basic faq things... i am a avid computer user and not a novice but that was one thing i had troubles doing.

Post subject: Re: 2 possible additions?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 am 

taalon927 wrote:
Can you make the print feature pop up a new window? So we might pick what we would like printed? IE type of DVD, Movie Name, Rating, How many owned, maybe our rating?

I'm very busy right now, but I plan to improve the print feature in a few months.

taalon927 wrote:
And secondly can you add in a way to adjust if this Movie is also PSP, AVI, Divx ect.. i have some movies i keep on a hard drive and it would be nice to print a list of those by the search criteria.

I also plan to extend the criterion search, with many more criteria. The improved criterion search will happen before the improved print feature.

taalon927 wrote:
One other thing you might add is a help file, so those who dont know about how to print can find those basic faq things... i am a avid computer user and not a novice but that was one thing i had troubles doing.

When the print feature will have been improved, I'll make a tutorial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:48 am 

no hurry just didnt notice them in your upcoming notes was all :) thought they were important, as they are the things alot of other free dvd programs are missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:48 am 

taalon927 wrote:
just didnt notice them in your upcoming notes

They're in the category "mid term", which should be interpreted as "not before 2 months" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:35 am 

cool how about adding one thing to whats already there. in media type can you add in a xvid or pc option? since i have some movies that are stored on my hard drive? Not sure how easy that is to add in as a choice but would be nice. im using the labeling field right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:47 pm 

taalon927 wrote:
im using the labeling field right now.

No, that's not how it works.

If you want to say that your video is a Divx, you have to click on the media type field, and write Divx. That's all. I suppose I'll have to write a tutorial that explains that we can edit our own field values.

The labelling field is a way to label your video to find it more easily. For instance, you might number your videos, or have labels like "box 3, slot 12".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:41 am 

sorry my bad didnt relize i could change the media type field by typing in it.. now if only i could search by media Type. i know thats coming :)