It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Help for a newbie...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 am 

HI there,

I downloaded this program today & am relieved at how easy it is to compile a database- I'm not the most tech savvie person! However, I have found two little quirks that I'm not sure how to resolve:

1. My barcodes don't always match yours. I was hoping to compile my database by inputing the barcode numbers from the cases, but have found that some are not recognised, and are nothing like those included with your images, which match my covers. My movies are all originals (not pirate copies) & bought in either the US or Australia.

2. When adding titles, the image displayed for the movie is not always available to save with my collection. I've only found this once (The Nun's Story- has image displayed but nothing when trying to add dvd to my collection). Is there any way to add an image so one for every title??

Thanks ever so much for your time. This seems to be a great site run by people who genuinely care about their product. :hi:

Post subject: Re: Help for a newbie...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 am 

murphygrl wrote:
I was hoping to compile my database by inputing the barcode numbers from the cases, but have found that some are not recognised

Yes, currently our database of existing videos contains almost all the Region1 DVDs, but is seriously lacking when it comes to the other regions. It's something that we'll improve in the months to come. We'll do the work on our own, and we'll also allow the users to contribute.

You can still add your video from scratch or from an existing video. You can adjust some fields if needed. For instance, you can set the "barcode" field to the right value. For some time, your video won't have any picture, until the day when it'll be added to our database of existing videos.

murphygrl wrote:
The Nun's Story- has image displayed but nothing when trying to add dvd to my collection). Is there any way to add an image so one for every title??

I made the test, and my owned video correctly received the picture from the only existing DVD (the other existing DVD is a pack). Please try to adjust the "barcode" field of your owned video.

murphygrl wrote:
This seems to be a great site run by people who genuinely care about their product. :hi:

Thank you very much, it's the case indeed :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 am 

Thanks so much for your reply.

I've revisited the Nun's Story & this time there was a DVD picture, whereas yesterday that field was blank- yay!

Re barcodes- some of those I tried were region 1. I've just tried again with a few others & they worked! Must be gremlins in my machine :wacko:

Oh, excuse my ignorance, but how do you adjust the barcode field?? I'm not tech savvy but can follow instructions. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:46 am 

murphygrl wrote:
how do you adjust the barcode field??

You go to the corresponding movie, and in the "owned videos" box, you click on your owned video to show its technical details. Now you press the button "edit" to see all the editable fields, including the "barcode" field. You can use the dropdown to select an existing value, or you can type in any value you want.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 am 

Thanks for explaining that! :)