It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coollector News
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:49 pm 

Thank you for reporting those problems. Hopefully Kakashi will fix them. If he doesn't, I'll fix them myself.

Kakashi, did you see this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 pm 

attached you can see what i'm talking about

Attachments:
blank.jpg
blank.jpg [ 351.91 KiB | Viewed 12126 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:08 pm 

Yes, thank you. Unless I'm wrong, it's a problem that's quite easy to fix (the images must have the style "border=0", or something like that).

I'll wait to see if Kakashi wants me to fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:41 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Lemonzoo wrote:
Here's my wished movie list, totaly 1000 :)

With your screenshot, I can see a handful of them. Did you publish your coollection on our website with the new feature "Online backup & publish" ?

The buttons don't look as they should. What version of Windows do you have?

The pictures don't show. Are you using the program offline?

It's all ok :) I have XP SP2, and I'm offline on my PC.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I'll wait to see if Kakashi wants me to fix it.

I still haven't heard about Kakashi. That's strange. I hope he's fine.

(cool) Hector wrote:
Unless I'm wrong, it's a problem that's quite easy to fix (the images must have the style "border=0", or something like that).

I was right about "border=0". It's now fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 pm 

I was travelling for a few days. Still struggling to catch up with the huge number of unread posts. :)

Post subject: Re:Add filter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:00 am 

Coollector movie database is a good software about any movie details with advanced filter search.
I think a filter should add to the database,ie search with :hi: popularity :hi: and thats will fulfill our needs.
Thanks for made an excellent software.

Post subject: Re: Add filter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 am 

You can already list the movies by popularity order. What would a popularity filter be like? Would it list several levels of popularity (more than 90% popular, etc...)? Please explain in which situation you would find this filter useful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 pm 

hi admin,
i hope you can add a possibility to tag watched movie as "watched".
like owned movie on top of collector page
thank you

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 pm 

fathan wrote:
i hope you can add a possibility to tag watched movie as "watched".

To show that you've watched a movie, simply give it a rating:

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#dashboard

"Notice that there isn't a "seen" icon, because it'd be superfluous. To remember that you've seen a movie, simply rate it, and it'll also remind you how much you've liked it."

fathan wrote:
like owned movie on top of collector page

On top of collector page, there's already a "rated" button, to list all the movies that you've rated/seen.

And if you look closely at the "rating" filter, you'll see that one of the values is "not rated (not yet seen)".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 pm 

The beta testing of Coollector Movie Database version 4 has just begun:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1232&p=10768

:w00t:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm 

The new version 4.0.3 introduces a great new feature: TAGGING.

Tagging means that you can associate one or several words (tags) to a movie or a person, allowing you to list all the movies or persons that were tagged with a specific tag.

Next to the movie genres and countries, you'll notice a green "No Tag" that you can click to edit the tags. It's the same for the persons. Two tag filters have been added to the filtered searches. You can use only one filter, or both if you want to search a combination of tags.

Enjoy :V:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:30 pm 

The new version 4.0.4 introduced information about the movies runtime, and a runtime filter has been added.

As you've noticed, a lot of new features have been added recently, and I can't resist to tell you what's coming next:

1) you'll be able to click the plot of a movie to display it in a separate window. In addition to the plot, that window will hold three more fields: MyPlot, MyReview and MyNotes. As you've understood, you'll be able to add your own plot if you don't like the current one, you'll be able to write a personal review of the movie, and you'll be able to write anything you want (personal notes) about the movie. You'll have the option to publish your movie reviews online, for your friends to know more precisely why you liked or disliked a movie.

2) the program will include information about series episodes. To begin with, the red "series" icon will be replaced by the number of episodes. For example "120 ep." if the series has 120 episodes. When you'll click the icon, a window will pop up, with the list of all the episodes, ordered by seasons, with their name, their air date, their IMDb rating and popularity, and a direct link to the IMDb. You'll be able to rate an episode or an entire season. If you've rated/seen 110 episodes, the icon will now display "110/120 ep.".

3) Coollector Movie Database is great to manage your collection, but it's not that great to enjoy it from the comfort of your TV. For that, it's better to use a media center like XBMC. What's great with XBMC, it's that it has an http protocol that allows Coollector to take control of it, even from a remote computer (I've tested it, and it works great). So you'll keep managing your data with Coollector, then you'll synchronize it with XBMC, and finally you'll enjoy it on your TV with XBMC. Even your owned DVDs can be exported to XBMC, in the form of a "stub". When you select a stub, XBMC just asks you to insert the disk (to help you, Coollector will have added the location of the DVD). It's also possible to export playlists, etc... etc...

4) Coollector needs an import feature, to import data from other programs or websites. Seriously, that feature should have been added a long time ago...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm 

5) TV listings.

6) streaming videos (available on NetFlix, Amazon prime, Hulu, etc...)

7) movie showtimes for theaters near you.

Next to the "Tools" and "Help" menus, a third menu will be added, named "What's on". This new menu will have the options "what's on TV", "what's on theater", "what's on streaming" and "what's on sale" (this last option corresponds to the price search that is already available).

8 ) incremental updates (instead of downloading the whole new database, the program will only download what's new).

9) movie database in languages other than English.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
simply rate it, and it'll also remind you how much you've liked it."

Just one little problem remains....

We are a two people houshold and the movie´s i like are not the movies my wife likes :-(
of course, i could find another wife....... but i rather see an option to let 2 (or more) people
have there rating in one and the same database.

Is that possible ?

P.S.

i see a lot of request from me and from other users have been implemented by now.
That great,
Now i see the most importand one is on youre list at number 9, hope to see this one
very soon :mysir:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next