Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Re: Coollector News

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:If you can't find a movie, the new version 4.4.2 allows you to make sure that it's really missing from our database. Simply paste the IMDb Id of the movie (for example tt0109161), and the program will locate the movie or confirm that it's missing. If the movie is in our database but you couldn't find it because it's incorrectly named, you're welcome to report the error on this forum and we'll rename the movie.

Nice update, but I cant get the paste function to work?

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 pm

tvlvideo wrote:I cant get the paste function to work?

You have to paste using the keyboard shortcut
(Control + V on a PC, or Command + V on a Mac)

Re: Coollector News - Importing Bar codes

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:38 am

HI, just discovered your program. Having a play to see which program I will eventually use. I wondered if you had any plans to include a bar code scanner?

Just in case the next update will include one after I had entered all my movies via my phone bar code scanner!

Anyway, program looks good. Appears pretty straightforward to use. I did wonder where the video prices came from? I'm assuming amazon? I'm in Australia and not able to buy through them. Perhaps the program could have an option to link to a supplier in each country? Not sure how much trouble or if that would even be possible, but if you could then perhaps someone (in Australia) like JB HiFi would be interested in coming on board with you as people would buy a video through them.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:43 am

T8ZZY wrote:I wondered if you had any plans to include a bar code scanner?

You can already use a barcode scanner. Personaly, I use a CueCat that I bought on Ebay for less than $10.

If you don't have a barcode scanner, you can still input a barcode in the barcode search, or paste a barcode (it'll be automatically recognized as a barcode, and a barcode search will be launched).

Finally, you can import a list of barcodes with the menu "Tools->Import a list->Import a list of video barcodes".

T8ZZY wrote:I did wonder where the video prices came from? I'm assuming amazon?

Yes. :yes: If you click on a video, it'll show the video details, and at the bottom there's the link to Amazon.com.

T8ZZY wrote:Perhaps the program could have an option to link to a supplier in each country?

It's a work in progress... In a few versions, I'll add support for Amazon.ca, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.co.uk.

T8ZZY wrote:if you could then perhaps someone (in Australia) like JB HiFi

I use Amazon because they have a large catalog and because they provide an API that allows me to update the prices daily. Unfortunately, there's no Amazon store for Australia, and I don't know any australian store with an API :worried:

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:31 am

:worried: Is the latest version a free upgrade (of an already paid program)?

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 am

kenconk wrote: :worried: Is the latest version a free upgrade (of an already paid program)?

Absolutely!

Since the program became paid, 4 years ago, all the updates have been free. Even the ugrade from version 3 to version 4 was a free upgrade.

:D

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:56 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Since the program became paid, 4 years ago, all the updates have been free. Even the ugrade from version 3 to version 4 was a free upgrade.

It's been 4 years!?! :shock:

Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:26 pm

kakashi wrote:It's been 4 years!?! :shock:

Version 3 was released on July 21, 2011 :yes:

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:31 am

T8ZZY wrote:HI, just discovered your program. Having a play to see which program I will eventually use. I wondered if you had any plans to include a bar code scanner?

Hi: Hope this hasn't already been answered. You can get a "declawed" cue cat scanner, and that will work. It's "declawed" for privacy concerns, like sending your info over the internet.
It works great. Make sure to get it from a "good" seller. (you probably already know that)

Kind Regards, Ken

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:33 am

kakashi wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:Since the program became paid, 4 years ago, all the updates have been free. Even the ugrade from version 3 to version 4 was a free upgrade.

It's been 4 years!?! :shock:

Thanks, Hector. You're the greatest

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 am

kenconk wrote:You can get a "declawed" cue cat scanner, and that will work.

That's what I have too :D

You can't beat the price of these things!

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:35 pm

With version 4.5.6, the online publishing has been completely redesigned. It's now much faster and can be searched for titles and years. It should look great on desktop, tablet and mobile.

To get this new design, you have to publish your coollection with the new version. The new link is a little shorter than before. Here's mine:

http://www.coollector.com/coollection.php?user=cool_hector&list=OwnedMovies

8)

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi Hector
Thanks for the update
Really like the redesigned online publishing, it looks good across devices and is so much faster, love the new facility to search by title / year ,really useful feature, :D.
Genre search? Now that would be cool.

Best regards
Colin

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:42 pm

tvlvideo wrote:Really like the redesigned online publishing, it looks good across devices and is so much faster, love the new facility to search by title / year ,really useful feature, :D.

Thank you very much! :D

tvlvideo wrote:Genre search? Now that would be cool.

I'm working on the iOS/Android apps which will have a filter for genres. I don't know for sure if the web page will have it too. Probably, but I can't guarantee it.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:59 pm

[quote="
I'm working on the iOS/Android apps which will have a filter for genres. I don't know for sure if the web page will have it too. Probably, but I can't guarantee it.[/quote

Awesome, look forward to that. Greatly appreciated.
Best regards
Colin
Post a reply