Switch to full style
Discussions about Coollector.
Post a reply

Export Feature

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:28 am

I looked around the Net, and found this application. So far, I like what I see. Definitely thinking it's going to be worth the 13 bucks :)

One question though, I would really like to add all my Blu-Rays into the program, and then Export to an HTML format, or even an Excel format, to post what I have on my personal website, and when I am out buying a new movie, I can reference my website to see if I already have the movie in my collection.

Is there something like this already? I couldn't find it on the CMD program. If no, do you have plans to develop something like this in the future?

Do you think the demand is there for this feature? I know it would be very useful myself, but maybe no one else seems this is as a must need, as I do :)

Thanks for the time to answer any questions,
Dave

Re: Export Feature

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 am

mr715 wrote:Definitely thinking it's going to be worth the 13 bucks :)

Thank you !

mr715 wrote:Export to an HTML format
Is there something like this already?

No, for the moment you can only export to a text file.

mr715 wrote:If no, do you have plans to develop something like this in the future?

Absolutely :D

We'll proceed in several stages:

1) add a feature to export to XML (in a few months from now).

2) allow to apply XSLT transforms to the XML => to get an HTML file (shortly after).

3) offer a free online hosting of your coollection, so you can show it to your friends (a few months later).

4) anonymously gather information from all those hosted coollections, to create a prediction feature, capable of telling you how much you'll like a movie, based on the ratings of the other users that have the same taste as you (will probably take some time, as it's a lot of work).
Post a reply