It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Coollector and Piclens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:49 am 

I love Coollector but I haven't been able to get Piclens to work with it. When I try, it goes to the Piclens screen but just keeps saying Downloading and never gets anywhere. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:05 am 

Hi HoosierDoc, and welcome !

You've installed PicLens and actually seen it working on the internet ?

When it's says "downloading" and never gets anywhere, you're in full screen mode inside PicLens ?

There's currently a little bug with PicLens choking on some rare characters. Did you try with Clint Eastwood's filmography ? This one I can certify should work.

P.S: a new version of Coollector is coming very soon, which improves a lot the integration with PicLens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:29 pm 

I could reproduce the bug. There seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer (I was using Firefox). I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:37 pm 

The problem seems to come from PicLens with Internet Explorer, and I'm not sure there's much I can do about it. I will report this bug to the PicLens team.

Meanwhile, I warmly recommend to install Firefox and try Coollector with PicLens, it's really worth it (you'll have to set Firefox as your default browser).

Post subject: Piclens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:21 pm 

I have been able to use Piclens with Internet Explorer, but I can only call it up through Coollector. It will not show me any pictures within Coollector, whether a search string for people or films.

Post subject: Re: Piclens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm 

HoosierDoc wrote:
I have been able to use Piclens with Internet Explorer, but I can only call it up through Coollector. It will not show me any pictures within Coollector, whether a search string for people or films.

Yes, yes. I confirm it's a bug. But I think the bug comes from PicLens, not from Coollector (sorry I didn't test sooner).

For instance, PicLens offers another program, PicLens Publisher, and you'll have the same problem using it with Internet Explorer, while everything's fine with Firefox.

I'm doing some testings right now to see if I can hack a solution. If nothing works, I'll have to file a bug to the PicLens team.

Until some solution is found, you'll have to use Firefox, sorry.

Please do it, it's awesome 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:30 am 

I have contacted the PicLens team, and it ain't really a bug, rather a difference between Firefox and Internet Explorer.

PicLens was somehow hacked into Coollector. It happens to work with Firefox, but it will require some tweaks from the PicLens team to make it work with Internet Explorer. I don't have any date, but I was told that it's coming.

Until further notice, Firefox is required to use PicLens with Coollector
( even though PicLens alone works perfectly with IE6 and IE7 )