It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Addition Idea...
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:46 am 

I was thinking a nice addition to this database program since you now include amazon, is maybe think about doing game titles..

maybe start off with the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360, could even talk to Gamestop and see if there is a way to include their pricing. I know id love to track my Wii Games and make a wish list and since coolector is such a good program adding that to the scheme while your working on the movie data base would probably bring this to the forfront and bring alot more users of it.

just a idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 am 

It's already planned and it will be great, but it won't happen in 2008. What we hope to accomplish until the end of the year is: make the movie database near exhaustive, input videos by barcode, translation of the database in several languages, price localization, porting to iPhone, Mac and Linux. That's already a hell lot of work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:16 am 

nice job on the new build. love the change to the rating and the new youtube link. that plugin is cool, anyway you can contact them and ask them if there is a way to get in with apple for the movie trailers so that we can see the real trailers instead of picking thru all the bogus ones people post on youtube?

might want to let them see your program and how you intergrated their plugin into your program it might encourage them to get a good trailer site on their search list. anyways nice additions and changes keep up the good work.

as soon as i get caught up on my bills im gona make a donation to you guys for a great program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 am 

taalon927 wrote:
that plugin is cool, anyway you can contact them and ask them if there is a way to get in with apple for the movie trailers so that we can see the real trailers instead of picking thru all the bogus ones people post on youtube?

Apple has what ? 200 trailers ? Probably less... And many of them are movies just released in theaters, thus not yet in Coollector.

I agree that YouTube videos are often of poor definition. But YouTube has recently added support for higher resolution. I have hope that the low-def videos will progressively be replaced by higher resolution ones. And remember that on Youtube, you'll often find much more than trailers (making of, alternate scenes, interviews, spoofs...).

What I plan to do in the future, is to provide many links for each movie: links to high-def trailers, to IMDb, to reviews, etc...

By the way, I'm already in contact with the PicLens team, and they're just awesome, awesome, awesome !!!

Here is what Meg (from PicLens) wrote to me recently: "I also wanted to let you know (and I hope it's ok!) that PicLens was featured at a conference at the Development school at Stanford Univ. a few weeks ago, and in my part of our presentation I used the Coollector as THE example of an awesome app that one of our users has come up with out of PicLens. I hope you don't mind (I'm so sorry, I should have asked your permission before) but I couldn't resist - the Coollector was too cool not to spread! People seemed very excited about it, so I hope you got a few more users as a result!"

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Mon May 26, 2008 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 am 

taalon927 wrote:
nice job on the new build. love the change to the rating

Thank you very much ! It's now more ergonomic. And soon, it will also look prettier, as I have hired an artist to make the icons more sleek and professional looking !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:16 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
taalon927 wrote:
nice job on the new build. love the change to the rating

Thank you very much ! It's now more ergonomic. And soon, it will also look prettier, as I have hired an artist to make the icons more sleek and professional !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:11 am 

anyway to change User Interface into a xml file. so users can tweak it on their own, move buttons around, and change the colors ect? just a idea.. i use to play a game that had xml based UI and it was awsome made cusomisation fun, and created a whole spring off of user created ideas.

might be worth a look into if its not to much to redo that part of the program, i dont program so not sure how easy it would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:44 am 

Yes, making the interface skinnable is a good idea, but it's very low priority for the moment.