Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Location filter now very fast, does nothing :-)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

The location filter no longer hangs (or takes an age :-)), when you click on it the list comes up very quickly; unfortunately all it seems to do is bring up a very long list of '-any location-', none of which have any effect on the list of movies when selected, unless I'm missing how to make it work...

(all I want is a list of the movies whose location starts with 'movies 9' :-))

(my directory structure isn't quite as bad as the example in the other report you linked to, but there are both L:\movies 1\movie.avi and M:\movies 2\movie\movie.avi throughout :-))

Thanks,

Re: Location filter now very fast, does nothing :-)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Could you please send me your coollection file.

My email is: hector at coollector dot com

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm

On its way...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Orclev wrote:(all I want is a list of the movies whose location starts with 'movies 9' :-))

"C:\Movies 9" contains 1056 movies ;)

Orclev wrote:all it seems to do is bring up a very long list of '-any location-'

I've been able to reproduce the bug. For the moment, I don't understand what's happening, but I'm working on it.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Thank you very much for quickly reporting this problem. I've been able to fix the bug. It was really tricky because it didn't happen when I ran the program from my development environment (Visual Studio). It's a problem of a variable which was initialized differently depending on the environment.

I've made a stealth update. It's still named version 3.24.2, but the program will detect and download it.

P.S: you have a lot of videos (more than 7,000), and on my computer, instead of 3 seconds, it takes closer to 10 seconds...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Perfection! (and if anyone reading hasn't paid for a registered copy, I recommend they do so at once :))

works very well, and produces exactly the results I need (in about 10s as you say), now I just need to decide how to fix the problem :-) (unRAID is the medium term answer :-))

Many thanks Hector,

O

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Orclev wrote:Perfection! (and if anyone reading hasn't paid for a registered copy, I recommend they do so at once :))

works very well, and produces exactly the results I need

:V:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Orclev wrote:now I just need to decide how to fix the problem :-) (unRAID is the medium term answer :-))

I don't understand. What's your problem ?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 pm

ah! -my apologies, I thought I had mentioned earlier - my 'movies 9' drive has died, so they are all gone unless I wish to gamble £00's for a maybe recovery...

I don't think this is something I can reasonably expect you to fix :-)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Orclev wrote:I don't think this is something I can reasonably expect you to fix :-)

Nope, I don't fix died drives, but at least the new location filter will allow you to know what files you've lost.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am

(cool) Hector wrote:at least the new location filter will allow you to know what files you've lost.

It would have been nice to have had this feature the last time I was forced to format a drive. :)

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am

Your case gave me the idea for a new feature: the ability to remove all the files from a given directory.

CONTROL + D would trigger that feature, the same way that CONTROL + L allows to replace a string by another

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 am

kakashi wrote:It would have been nice to have had this feature the last time I was forced to format a drive. :)

Already 2 cases. It looks like this feature will be more popular than I expected :w00t:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 am

Well; If I was going to replace all 1056 files - then I would definitely want a function to delete all the dead references - if I had to delete them all by hand, one by one, then put back, I would be very unhappy :-) (especially since for each dead reference 'delete', it would search every single drive, every time, it would take me about a month :-))

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 am

I think I have an ever better idea: a feature that checks all the file locations, reports all the directories with missing files, and allows to remove those files from the coollection.
Post a reply