Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Re: Location filter now very fast, does nothing :-)

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 am

Ceci would definitely be une pipe - if you can readily code that it, for sure do it - no sense being the best if you can't maintain the position :-)

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am

The last state of my ideas => the tool menu would have a submenu with all the functions related to the video files: scanning, checking, moving, deleting.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 am

(cool) Hector wrote:I think I have an ever better idea: a feature that checks all the file locations, reports all the directories with missing files, and allows to remove those files from the coollection.

I like that idea. :D From what I understand I would see a list of directories with missing movies and have the option to remove the missing ones form any of those locations. Am I understanding you correctly? :worried:

(cool) Hector wrote:The last state of my ideas => the tool menu would have a submenu with all the functions related to the video files: scanning, checking, moving, deleting.

This makes a tremendous amount of sense. It will even enable features like Ctrl+L to come from out of hiding. I think though that if this becomes the case then It would be imperative that you make some sort of quick alternate way to start a video file scan. It would be nice to be able to use scan videos as fast as add physical video, and add single file.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 am

kakashi wrote:From what I understand I would see a list of directories with missing movies and have the option to remove the missing ones form any of those locations.

I think there would be a function to detect the files that are missing. That function would generate a list of missing files in the form of a text that you could easily copy.

And there would be another function to remove a list of files. Obviously, that list could come from the function above, after you have edited it as necessary. This function would accept wildcards to allow removing all the files from a directory (directory\*.*), or only a certain type of files, for example the avi files (directory\*.avi).

Currently, if you want to scan again all your video files, you have to start over by deleting your coollection file, and by doing so, you lose all the other informations (ratings, etc...). Thanks to this new feature, with a few lines you could remove all the video file associations, and only the video file associations.

kakashi wrote:It will even enable features like Ctrl+L to come from out of hiding.

Absolutely ! That, and also the fact that you can associate a file with the "play" icon (it's far from obvious, and many users miss that feature). The first submenu would be "automatic scan", and the second submenu would be "manual association". If you select "manual association", a message would teach you how to use the play icon to associate a file to the current movie.

kakashi wrote:I think though that if this becomes the case then It would be imperative that you make some sort of quick alternate way to start a video file scan. It would be nice to be able to use scan videos as fast as add physical video, and add single file.

I'm not sure that I understand you. The fast way to add a single file is clicking the "play" icon, isn't it ?.

kakashi wrote:This makes a tremendous amount of sense.
I think so :excited:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Currently, if you want to scan again all your video files, you have to start over by deleting your coollection file, and by doing so, you lose all the other informations (ratings, etc...). Thanks to this new feature, with a few lines you could remove all the video file associations, and only the video file associations.

:mysir:

(cool) Hector wrote:The fast way to add a single file is clicking the "play" icon, isn't it ?.

Yes. I wish there was also a way to start a filesystem scan that easily and quickly. :(

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 pm

kakashi wrote:I wish there was also a way to start a filesystem scan that easily and quickly. :(

Sorry, I don't have a better idea. The menu seems to be the more logical place for this feature.
Post a reply