Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Re: 3.24.2 crash while searching movie or dragging down

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am

guoyongqin wrote:I choose the file and click 'open'.

From this message, I originally thought that you were associating a file by clicking the "play" icon.

guoyongqin wrote:This afternoon I tried to scan and add a few video files

Now I realize that in fact you're scanning a folder.

I need to know at what exact moment the error message pops up. Before the folder selector is shown ? Or right after you've selected a folder ? Or when the folder content is scanned ? Or when the scan results are displayed ? Or when you click the button "add the recognized files" ?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:39 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:
guoyongqin wrote:I choose the file and click 'open'.

From this message, I originally thought that you were associating a file by clicking the "play" icon.

guoyongqin wrote:This afternoon I tried to scan and add a few video files

Now I realize that in fact you're scanning a folder.

I need to know at what exact moment the error message pops up. Before the folder selector is shown ? Or right after you've selected a folder ? Or when the folder content is scanned ? Or when the scan results are displayed ? Or when you click the button "add the recognized files" ?

After I select a folder, the error message pop up together with the scan results.
Sorry I did not make it clear.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 pm

guoyongqin wrote:the error message pop up together with the scan results.

Ok, so you've selected a folder, the program has gathered all the files from that folder, and then the error dialog has appeared at the same time as the window with the scan results (the window with the 3 tabs "recognized", "not recognized" and "already associated").

Thank you, I will investigate.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Sorry, I could not find what's wrong with my code. We'll have to generate a crash dump like the other time.

I think that you can make the program crash if you click another button than the "cancel" button.

Please download this zip file:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_debug.zip

Then extract it inside the folder "C:\Program Files" (it contains the file "Coollector.exe"). Now run the file "C:\Program Files\Coollector.exe" and make it crash. I need you to email me the 2 files of the crash dump.

My email address is: hector at coollector dot com

Thank you very much for your help !

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:Sorry, I could not find what's wrong with my code. We'll have to generate a crash dump like the other time.

I think that you can make the program crash if you click another button than the "cancel" button.

Please download this zip file:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_debug.zip

Then extract it inside the folder "C:\Program Files" (it contains the file "Coollector.exe"). Now run the file "C:\Program Files\Coollector.exe" and make it crash. I need you to email me the 2 files of the crash dump.

My email address is: hector at coollector dot com

Crashed but cannot fine the 2 dump files. The window with 2 dump files did not pop up and I cannot find it in any folders. Which folder is it?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm

guoyongqin wrote:Which folder is it?

Apparently it crashed without creating a crash dump. Did you try several times ?

I will create another test program with another method..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Please make crash the program inside this zip:

http://www.coollector.com/CoollectorTest.zip

This version of Coollector will display a series of messages with number values. I need to know that number sequence to understand at what point the program crashes.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 am

(cool) Hector wrote:Please make crash the program inside this zip:

http://www.coollector.com/CoollectorTest.zip

This version of Coollector will display a series of messages with number values. I need to know that number sequence to understand at what point the program crashes.

It displays 11 and 12 alternatively immediately after I run the program. Cannot do anything else. Have to kill the program with 'ctrl alt del'

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 am

guoyongqin wrote:It displays 11 and 12 alternatively immediately after I run the program.

Oops, sorry, I hadn't thought about that :worried:

Please run the normal version of Coollector, and set the country filter to "Andorra". After that, the test program should launch fine, and you'll be able to give me the sequence of numbers.

Thank you for your time !

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 pm

(cool) Hector wrote:
guoyongqin wrote:It displays 11 and 12 alternatively immediately after I run the program.

Oops, sorry, I hadn't thought about that :worried:

Please run the normal version of Coollector, and set the country filter to "Andorra". After that, the test program should launch fine, and you'll be able to give me the sequence of numbers.

Thank you for your time !

1 2 3 11 12 20 11 12 20 21 11 12 20 21 11 12 20 21 4

Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 pm

guoyongqin wrote:1 2 3 11 12 20 11 12 20 21 11 12 20 21 11 12 20 21 4

Thank you very much !

Please try this new version and tell me if the error message has disappeared:

http://www.coollector.com/CoollectorTest2.zip
Post a reply