It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Two Serious Annoyances...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 am 

Would love to see these fixed as they truly inhibit the usefulness of the program for me. However, so far, yours is the best movie database program I have found.

1. When looking for a movie or series there are so many that bog each other down. Mostly, I look for movies, which is frustrating because their are so many series. Since obviously the series are marked so, it wouldn't seem a stretch to also be able to search one or the other. That would truly be wonderful! If there already is a way, forgive me and I apologize.

2. When trying to go through hundreds of movies to find some I've seen to rate them, it always puts me back to the beginning after I rate it and I have to start all over again getting through the ones I already went through. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. It's just too frustrating.

Thanks so much!

SputnikBites

Post subject: Re: Two Serious Annoyances...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 am 

Addressing #1: click on "more filters" and select "movies and series". A new filter will appear above the "more filters" button. This filter gives you two options: "movies" and "series".

Series accounts for approximately 10,000 out of 100,000 titles.

@Coollector --- The new filter added via "more filters" isn't permanent. I suppose that is intended.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 am 

gigagiggles wrote:
Addressing #1

Thank you! I don't have a better answer.

gigagiggles wrote:
@Coollector --- The new filter added via "more filters" isn't permanent. I suppose that is intended.

The new filter appear again only if a value is selected.

In a few versions, I'll change the filtered search interface. The "More Filters" and the "Less Filters" buttons will be replaced by a "Add/Remove Filters" button. This button will list all the possible filters, with a toggable check in front of each filter (checked = displayed | not checked = hidden).

Currently, there are 6 filters that are always displayed. With the new interface, you'll decide what filters you want to be displayed (possibly less than 6).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 am 

SputnikBites wrote:
However, so far, yours is the best movie database program I have found.

Thank you very much :D

SputnikBites wrote:
2. When trying to go through hundreds of movies to find some I've seen to rate them, it always puts me back to the beginning after I rate it and I have to start all over again getting through the ones I already went through.

What you describe looks like a bug, and I'd like to fix it. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue. I remember that, many versions ago, the program behaved like you describe, and I have fixed it. Are you sure that you're using the latest version of the program? If you have version 3.24.4 (the version number is displayed on the title bar), please describe precisely the steps to reproduce the problem.