Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Deleting Movies/Videos

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Hector,

2 Things:
1. I had scanned in my drive and added a 1000 videos. I then added around 900 DVD's that are in my collection. Needless to say, I put a lot of work into this. I had lost around 300 Videos and I want to delete all the Videos and then rescan them. How can I do this without deleting all the DVD movies that I put into the database? There are too many videos to delete one by one. Can you help? :cry2:

2. I like the skins that you have and some of the functionality. I have experience in database management and design. As well as graphic arts. If there is an area where you need help in, let me know and if I can help I will. I am a biiiggggg fan of your database. I love it. I would love to see it expan and have movie info for all the movies as well as pictures. Hope to hear from you. Phil aka Sherekhan

Re: Deleting Movies/Videos

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 am

philm8888 wrote:I had lost around 300 Videos and I want to delete all the Videos and then rescan them. How can I do this without deleting all the DVD movies that I put into the database?

In a couple of weeks, I'll release a new feature to check all your file associations. It'll create a list of all the broken associations, with the option to delete them from your database :V:

If you don't want to wait 2 week, I'll probably be able to give you a beta version early next week.

philm8888 wrote:I like the skins that you have and some of the functionality. I have experience in database management and design. As well as graphic arts. If there is an area where you need help in, let me know and if I can help I will.

Thank you very much for the offer! I don't really need help, but if you want to, you can contribute some pictures, or maybe create a new skin.

philm8888 wrote:I am a biiiggggg fan of your database. I love it.

:w00t:

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks for replying so soon. :) I can wait for your future release and look forward to using it. In the meantime, I have created a couple Skins for you and I will be emailing you some more pictures. I will send more in the future when I get the time. Thanks again.

Phil
Attachments
Cool Fractal 2 [WIN].zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
Cool Fractal 1 [WIN].zip
(552.14 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 am

I've installed your skins, and they revealed several imperfections of the skins feature. I'll fix those bugs as soon as possible.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:59 pm

philm8888 wrote:I had lost around 300 Videos and I want to delete all the Videos and then rescan them. How can I do this without deleting all the DVD movies that I put into the database? There are too many videos to delete one by one.

Please download the new version 3.26.2.

Then, select the menu "Tools->Manage your video files->Find the associations with missing files".

This new feature will detect the 300 broken links, and you'll be able to delete them with 1 click :D

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 am

8)
Post a reply