It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Program crashes whwnever I launch the prediction game
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:40 am 

kakashi wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
Even more improvements are scheduled for the next weeks and months ;)

As always... :roll:

:rofl:

Why the laughing? Are you skeptical?

The last versions have brought nice improvements (movie recommendations, tags, recently rated and recently owned), and another nice improvement (which has been requested multiple times) is coming with the version that I'm releasing right now 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:39 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I find it strange, but it seems that you are using the latest version of the program with an old version of the database. How many movies are in your database? It should be 112,244 movies.

Yup that's exactly the no. of movies in my database..
Should I crash the program again and send you fresh crash dump files ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:48 am 

Actually I use the portable version of coollector.. I have it on a external hdd which also contains all my videos.. But I also have an older version of coolector on this pc... Maybe the oddity in the database that you are talking about is because of that ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:11 am 

Deb wrote:
Should I crash the program again and send you fresh crash dump files ?

No, I wouldn't learn anything new. I'll have to create a version that tracks how the bug is generated.

But before I do that, I'd like you to upgrade to the new version 4.0.4 that I've just released, to confirm that the bug is still there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:39 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:

I can assure you that it's the opposite.

If there wasn't some cool new feature scheduled for the next few weeks/months then I'd think you've been abducted by little green men. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:41 pm 

kakashi wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:

I can assure you that it's the opposite.

Oh, now I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :doh:

I knew you were faithful, even the most faithful of all, hence my surprise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:43 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:

But before I do that, I'd like you to upgrade to the new version 4.0.4 that I've just released, to confirm that the bug is still there.

Upgraded to version 4.0.4 and guess what ? The prediction game's working fine ! :V:

Btw the movie runtime info is an amazing little addition! Things like this make coollector what it is.. "A complete tool for movie lovers" ! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm 

Deb wrote:
Upgraded to version 4.0.4 and guess what ? The prediction game's working fine ! :V:

:party:

Deb wrote:
Btw the movie runtime info is an amazing little addition!

:w00t:

Deb wrote:
Things like this make coollector what it is.. "A complete tool for movie lovers" ! :D

Ok, I can't resist to tell you what the next improvements will be:

1) you'll be able to click the plot of a movie to display it in a separate window. In addition to the plot, that window will hold three more fields: MyPlot, MyReview and MyNotes. As you've understood, you'll be able to add your own plot if you don't like the current one, you'll be able to write a personal review of the movie, and you'll be able to write anything you want (personal notes) about the movie. You'll have the option to publish your movie reviews online, for your friends to know more precisely why you liked or disliked a movie.

2) the program will include information about series episodes. To begin with, the red "series" icon will be replaced by the number of episodes. For example "120 ep." if the series has 120 episodes. When you'll click the icon, a window will pop up, with the list of all the episodes, ordered by seasons, with their name, their air date, their IMDb rating and popularity, and a direct link to the IMDb. You'll be able to rate an episode or an entire season. If you've rated/seen 110 episodes, the icon will now display "110/120 ep.".

3) Coollector Movie Database is great to manage your collection, but it's not that great to enjoy it from the comfort of your TV. For that, it's better to use a media center like XBMC. What's great with XBMC, it's that it has an http protocol that allows Coollector to take control of it, even from a remote computer (I've tested it, and it works great). So you'll keep managing your data with Coollector, then you'll synchronize it with XBMC, and finally you'll enjoy it on your TV with XBMC. Even your owned DVDs can be exported to XBMC, in the form of a "stub". When you select a stub, XBMC just asks you to insert the disk (to help you, Coollector will have added the location of the DVD). It's also possible to export playlists, etc... etc...

4) Coollector needs an import feature, to import data from other programs or websites. Seriously, that feature should have been added a long time ago...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm 

5) TV listings.

6) streaming videos (available on NetFlix, Amazon prime, Hulu, etc...)

7) movie showtimes for theaters near you.

Next to the "Tools" and "Help" menus, a third menu will be added, named "What's on". This new menu will have the options "what's on TV", "what's on theater", "what's on streaming" and "what's on sale" (this last option corresponds to the price search that is already available).

8 ) incremental updates (instead of downloading the whole new database, the program will only download what's new).

9) movie database in languages other than English.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:46 pm 

Deb wrote:
Things like this make coollector what it is.. "A complete tool for movie lovers" ! :D

I've just discovered your review on download.cnet.com :w00t: Thanks a lot, it's much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
the program will include information about series episodes. To begin with, the red "series" icon will be replaced by the number of episodes. For example "120 ep." if the series has 120 episodes. When you'll click the icon, a window will pop up, with the list of all the episodes, ordered by seasons, with their name, their air date, their IMDb rating and popularity, and a direct link to the IMDb. You'll be able to rate an episode or an entire season. If you've rated/seen 110 episodes, the icon will now display "110/120 ep."

Just what I needed !! And the fact that all this is going to be available offline just makes better!

(cool) Hector wrote:
incremental updates (instead of downloading the whole new database, the program will only download what's new).

If there was one thing that I would have liked to change about coollector, it would be that the program requires the entire database to be downloaded all over again during upgrading itself.. and there you go ! You have corrected that too ! 8)

(cool) Hector wrote:
Coollector Movie Database is great to manage your collection, but it's not that great to enjoy it from the comfort of your TV. For that, it's better to use a media center like XBMC. What's great with XBMC, it's that it has an http protocol that allows Coollector to take control of it, even from a remote computer (I've tested it, and it works great). So you'll keep managing your data with Coollector, then you'll synchronize it with XBMC, and finally you'll enjoy it on your TV with XBMC.

You read my mind !

(cool) Hector wrote:
streaming videos (available on NetFlix, Amazon prime, Hulu, etc...)

These services aren't available in the country where I live in ( I know it sucks ! :cry2: )
So tough luck for me I guess..

(cool) Hector wrote:
movie showtimes for theaters near you

Will this feature work in all countries ?

(cool) Hector wrote:
Coollector needs an import feature, to import data from other programs or websites.

Didn't quite get this feature.. What will it import ?? Movie info ?

And I thought coollector coudnt get any better... I was SO wrong !! :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:59 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I've just discovered your review on download.cnet.com :w00t: Thanks a lot, it's much appreciated!

:) When you love a software the least that you could do is spread the word about it..

I noticed that Coollector has been downloaded more than 1,40,000 times for the pc from download.com itself... So what's the active user base like ??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:15 am 

Mind.Blowm. :w00t:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:02 am 

Deb wrote:
the fact that all this is going to be available offline just makes better!

The information about the series episodes won't be included inside the movie database, because the database would become too big, and the updates wouldn't be frequent enough. The series episodes will be downloaded on demand, like the pictures. Once downloaded, the info will be saved on your disk and you'll be able to use it offline. As soon as we have information about a new episode, the program will detect it (if you're online) and download it.

Deb wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
streaming videos (available on NetFlix, Amazon prime, Hulu, etc...)

These services aren't available in the country where I live in ( I know it sucks ! :cry2: )
So tough luck for me I guess..

Don't be selfish. ;) There are millions of persons that are potentially interested by such a service.

Deb wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
movie showtimes for theaters near you

Will this feature work in all countries ?

AR, AU, CA, CL, DE, ES, FR, IT, MX, NZ, PT, UK and US.

http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/location/FR/66500

The program will send you to the IMDb page, where you'll choose the theater and the schedule. The added value of Coollector is that it'll allow you to apply all our filters, to view the filmographies with all your ratings, and in many cases to get movie recommendations (I will boost the prediction feature to be updated on a daily basis, so it'll work even with the movies that have just been released).

For the TV listings, I should be able to make it work with most countries.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:10 am 

Deb wrote:
I noticed that Coollector has been downloaded more than 140,000 times for the pc from download.com itself... So what's the active user base like ??

1) download.com accounts for most of our downloads.

2) for several years, Coollector was a freeware and we had way more daily downloads. But because the program was far from being as good as it is today, the uninstall rate was also very high.

Conclusion: I'm sorry to say that we're far from having that many users :worried:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next