It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Database keeps corrupting files
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm 

Hi, just started using your database, and love it and looking to get a licence on payday.
However I have come across the following issue.

I am running windows remote version.

I scan my folder and it picks up most of my movies. Exit and enter and everything works fine.
I then add some movies manually, exit and enter again, and I only have the new movies in my owned selection.

I then reinstalled, did the scan again, this time backed up my list online. Added the new movies and the same thing happened. So recovered the backups from online. Took the one with with the most in, copied and renamed into the folder, replacing the other database file.

Then when I loaded it, it came up with an error "Your Coollection file is out of date. Converting to new structure." then it comes up saying that it has failed.

Any ideas?? :sos:

Post subject: Re: Database keeps corrupting files
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 pm 

grahamsavill wrote:
I am running windows remote version.

What does "remote" mean? Do you mean the "portable" version? Where did you install it? Are you using the latest version 4.3.4?

grahamsavill wrote:
I scan my folder and it picks up most of my movies. Exit and enter and everything works fine.

Did you close the scanning window by clicking the button "add the recognized videos"? Did the scanned videos show as owned? If you close and reopen the program, are the scanned files still there?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm 

about 4 weeks ago I installed the pre version non remote on my laptop.
Added films fine.
I then upgraded to the latest version, which came up with file corrupt. Uninstalled and reinstalled having the same problem.
Looked on the forum and saw remote version, which I installed on my nas. Re scanned all fine, and completed an online backup. Added new movies, seemed to add fine, but lost my previous owned.
Tried to return to back up copy and got the error message.
After first scan, I logged out and back in and they where all there. It seems to corrupt when adding films manually by movie title.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 am 

grahamsavill wrote:
about 4 weeks ago I installed the pre version non remote on my laptop.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "pre version", "remote version" or "non remote".

What's the version number? Is it 4.3.4?

Are you sure that you're talking about "Coollector Movie Database"? I ask because a few weeks ago, I've had the case of a person who had confused our website with the website of a competing program, and sent me a few mails to complain about what came to be "Collectoz Movie Library" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:21 am 

Sorry for the confusion.
It is the correct program.

4 weeks ago I downloaded a previous version of your software which worked fine. It was the windows version.
Then I updated it to your latest version from your website.

After I had the issues, I uninstalled it and tried your portable version for windows. It's the portable version I am having issues with now.

Once again sorry for the confusion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:01 am 

The portable version uses a different location for the coollection file.

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#coollection

When you've switched to the portable version, it has created a brand new coollection file, and all your data seemed to have disappeared (your previous data was still there, but somewhere else, as you could have seen by launching the previous version). What you should have done is copy your previous coollection file to where you've installed the portable version.

Now that you're using the portable version, do you still have the problem? Please make sure that you use only the portable version and don't go back to using the previous version.