It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Filter problem - Video Location
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:31 am 

I just downloaded the trial software as I'm in a search for a way to catalog my movies I like this software overall and am interested in purchasing it; however, I've found an error that would make my searching difficult. Here's the situation.
I have two folders
D:\Movies\
D:\Movies - Seen\

I have a total of 170 movies in these locations. When I chose D:\Movies - Seen\ it lists 41. However, when I chose D:\Movies\ it lists 170. It's including movies from both locations. Is it because the folder names both start with "Movies"?

Post subject: Re: Filter problem - Video Location
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:06 am 

I've just made the test, with a folder named "Movies" and another named "Movies - Seen"... And there was no problem...

Could you please try again, because I suspect that you've selected "D:\" instead of selecting "D:\Movies\".

By the way, it's not a good idea to have a separate folder for the movies you've seen, and to move the file into that folder after you've watched a movie. Well, maybe it used to be a good solution, but if you start using Coollector, it'll be much better to rate the movies that you've seen.

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#movies

This way, you won't have to move any file and scan the folders again. Also, an icon with your rating will appear next to the movie, instantly reminding you that you've seen it and how much you've liked it. And finally,you'll get movie recommendations based on your taste!

Tip: to start off rating the movies that you've seen (even those you don't own), the most convenient method is to use the menu "Tools->Play the rating game".

;)