It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost ability to paste IMDb ID into Coolector
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:19 pm 

"NEW: Before requesting a movie to be added, it's now possible to make sure that it's really missing from our database. Simply paste the IMDb Id of the movie into Coollector (for example tt0109161), and the program will locate the movie or confirm that it's missing. If the movie is in our database but you couldn't find it because it's incorrectly named, you're welcome to report the error on this forum and we'll rename the movie."

I first started doing this yesterday and it worked fine for a few tries but now when I try to paste the IMDb ID into coolector it doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried exiting and restarting the program but am having the same issue. Any suggestions on what I could try to get this functionality back?

(When I try pasting into other programs like wordpad to make sure it is actually copying, it works)

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Lost ability to paste IMDb ID into Coolector
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:25 pm 

Still working fine for me. Maybe you're also pasting some unnecessary characters (spaces, line returns).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:49 pm 

It no longer works when I try pasting into the "Movie Title Search" tab. It originally worked this way, then stopped for some reason.

I have now tried pasting the IMDb ID into the "Person Name Search" and it works there, so I guess I will just do it that way from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:22 pm 

Pasting a movie Id should work wherever you are. That's what happens on my computer. I don't understand why you don't get the same.

Do you have a Mac or a PC? Is it the latest version of the program? Are you in single or in dual pane mode?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:51 pm 

I have a PC, I updated to the latest version yesterday, and I am in dual pane mode.

Update: I noticed that it briefly started working again when I pasted into the "movie title search" for a few tries, then it eventually stopped working for me again. However, every time I have tried pasting directly into the "person name search" with an IMDb title it works every single time with no difficulties.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:09 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
However, every time I have tried pasting directly into the "person name search" with an IMDb title

An IMDb title or an IMDb ID? I was talking about IMDb ID when I said that it worked from anywhere.

If you paste a title, it'll search the movie titles if the panel with the red focus is a panel that contains movies. But it'll search the person names if the red focus panel contains persons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:06 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
An IMDb title or an IMDb ID? I was talking about IMDb ID when I said that it worked from anywhere.

I meant IMDb ID. I am able to paste them into the "person name search" and it works fine, but it doesn't work when i try to paste them into "movie title search."

Since it works when I enter it in the person name search, I will just continue to do it that way, no big deal.

Thanks!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:02 am 

I've checked my code, and I confirm that it shouldn't depend on where you paste from. My conclusion is that the program actually tries to display the movie, but for some unknown reason it doesn't work.

To confirm this theory, please run this test version:

http://www.coollector.com/CoollectorTest.exe

Just before displaying the movie, a message box will appear. This way we'll know if the program tries or not to display the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:38 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I've checked my code, and I confirm that it shouldn't depend on where you paste from. My conclusion is that the program actually tries to display the movie, but for some unknown reason it doesn't work.

To confirm this theory, please run this test version:

http://www.coollector.com/CoollectorTest.exe

Just before displaying the movie, a message box will appear. This way we'll know if the program tries or not to display the movie.

I just ran the program you posted. When I paste an IMDb ID in the "movie title search" a message box appears saying the movie should be displayed after i close the message, but the movie is NOT displayed after I close it.

When I paste into the "person name search" the same message box is displayed, but then when I close it the movie IS displayed properly.

Let me know if there are any other ways I can help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:19 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
When I paste an IMDb ID in the "movie title search" a message box appears saying the movie should be displayed after i close the message, but the movie is NOT displayed after I close it.

Great, that's exactly what I expected to happen. Now we can track the bug a little further.

I wonder if it might be a refresh problem. What happens if you select the "person name search" tab, then the "movie" tab again. Is it still the wrong movie that is displayed?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:15 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I wonder if it might be a refresh problem. What happens if you select the "person name search" tab, then the "movie" tab again. Is it still the wrong movie that is displayed?

When I paste an IMDb ID into the "person name search" tab, the movie displays correctly and the "movie" tab is activated.

When I select the "person name search" tab again, it takes me back to the search bar.

Then when I click on the "movie" tab again as you suggested, the movie displays properly again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm 

Now when I try pasting an IMDb ID into the "Movie Title Search" bar it seems to be working properly again for some reason. I'm not sure what changed.

Things seem to be back to normal now but if I notice anything else I will let you know.

Thanks for all your help. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 pm 

cliffratt wrote:
Things seem to be back to normal now

It's quite weird. I don't know what has happened.

cliffratt wrote:
if I notice anything else I will let you know.

Thank you.