Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Bug

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am

When i perform a 'scan your files' and the LAST scan location was a UNC path to now unavailable storage the program hangs.

In my case the above was to a linux fileserver that is offline. I presume you save this location and try to populate a directory list before the scan.

Thanks in advance

Edit .... I've noticed it does eventually time out but this takes minutes.

Re: Bug

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:46 pm

beldeamon wrote:I presume you save this location

Yes.

beldeamon wrote:and try to populate a directory list before the scan.

I don't populate anything, I just ask Windows to display a folder selection dialog. This dialog is native to Windows and completely managed by Windows. I've noticed that this dialog can be randomly capricious and take a long time to load, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. When I open the Windows' Task Manager, sometimes I can see that my disk access is at 100% and that's when this kind of waiting happens.

beldeamon wrote:I've noticed it does eventually time out but this takes minutes

Are you ok now?

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Sorry for late reply .... but posted this morning before work

Working fine now and fully understand why it occurs :)

I wasnt sure if you were aware of this and if you could circumvent or not .... Like you say, at the end of the day its a windows dialog you are call .. If i type the address \\192.xx.xx.xx in an explorer window i see the same, about minute or two later it comes back and says it cannot find.

Thanks for the usual swift reply, chalk this one down MS i think :)

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 pm

beldeamon wrote:If i type the address \\192.xx.xx.xx in an explorer window i see the same, about minute or two later it comes back and says it cannot find.

I've made the test and indeed there's a long delay when the location doesn't exist anymore.

With the next version, I'll check if the location exists or not, and pass the dialog an empty value if it doesn't.

;)

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 am

:V: Thanks
Post a reply