Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Disappearing tags

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 pm

With the latest version, I seem to have hit a fairly major bug. I noticed today that all my tags had become blank; not turned to 'no tag', but instead blank; movies that had two tags, in the interface instead just showed a , with nothing else (i.e. two blank tags separated with a comma), and the tags had all disappeared from the 'search tag' dropdowns, so it was more like the tags had been removed rather than they were just not showing.

I went back to a version from a few days ago (I make my own backups every now and again), all the tags were fine, and started making recent changes to that instead; then I realised that I probably had a more recent automatic backup from the program, so I switched to that one, and again all the tags were fine. I again started making changes (adding tags, moving some movies from wished to ordered etc.), and as I was working, suddenly all the tags vanished again...

Any ideas? I can send you an example of a corrupt coollection file, and the file before it was corrupt (with some changes missing) if that would help.

Thanks,

Re: Disappearing tags

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:04 am

I have indeed made changes that could explain this bug :worried:

Please send me your corrupted coollection file and your last automatic update which isn't corrupted.

My email is: hector at coollector dot com

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Here is the fixed version:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

You must replace your current Coollector.exe with it.

Not only this version has the bug fixed, but if you press the keys Control + K it will ask you to point to your last non-corruped automatic backup so you get your tags back.

Please tell me if it's not clear enough.

I will release a new version to fix this serious bug as soon as possible.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Thanks Hector - I will mail you the files tomorrow (and try out the fixed version)

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Orclev wrote:I will mail you the files tomorrow (and try out the fixed version)

There's no more need to send me the files. You just have to locate your last non-corrupted backup and recover the values from it by pressing Control + K with the new version.
Post a reply