It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 'duplicated' movie posters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:00 pm 

And also a more minor bug, although annoyingm which was there in the last version and also in the latest - on one pc running coollector (the one attached to a 4k screen), when you scroll up and down a movie list, sometimes all 4 columns (in 2-pane view) change into the same movie - so it will look like a column with 4 copies of movie A, 4 of movie B, etc.

if you scroll over the movie with the cursor, it selects the correct movie in the right pane, and the title changes in the left pane to the correct film, but the picture remains incorrect; but if you mouse-over the film, both the picture and the title become correct. Using the scroll bar on the side to move up and down normally fixes the problem as well, but not always.

I'm not seeing this on a 1080p screen, only on the 4k screen, so it may be related to that, as coollector doesn't so far handle 4k resolution that well - I will post another report with the problems I see there...

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: 'duplicated' movie posters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:19 am 

Orclev wrote:
I'm not seeing this on a 1080p screen, only on the 4k screen, so it may be related to that

I have never seen such a bug. I don't understand how it's related to 4K, but it's probably related.

Is it a computer screen or a TV? If it's a TV, I'm aware that Coollector isn't ready for the 10-foot user experience.. But maybe it's not by a long shot... Have you tried editing your current skin to have bigger font sizes? Maybe the solution is as simple as upsizing the icons when they're smaller that the text? What do you think?

Some screen captures might help the discussion ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm 

I’m away from home for Easter but when I’m back (tomorrow) I will try and capture some screenshots so you can see what I mean. It’s a 4K tv but I assume it must be some interaction between the program, windows, and the graphics driver (and so probably very hard to fix :-))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:45 pm 

Orclev wrote:
I assume it must be some interaction between the program, windows, and the graphics driver (and so probably very hard to fix :-))

I think the problem is because your TV has a very high DPI, everything looks smaller and some scalling must be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_per_inch

There's no 4K TV around me, so I don't know much...

Maybe there's a setting on your TV to tell it that the source isn't 4K and must be upscaled.

Or maybe this article could help you:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-adjust-high-dpi-scaling-in-windows-10/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:28 am 

What happens if you set your computer to a lower resolution. Could it be as simple as that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:39 pm 

That does fix it, but I don’t want to run in a lower resolution :)

What might be helpful - just changing resolution doesn’t fix the problem, but a message shows on the settings tab, saying ‘you will need to sign in again for some of the scaling changes to take effect in apps’ - and on restarting the coollector display size changes (with much bigger covers now, of course) and the problem is gone. So it might be the interaction with the windows scaling factor, I don’t know...

Thanks,