It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 4k resolution 'bugs'
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm 

Coollector has a few problems with display at 4k, other than the issue with 'duplicating' movie pictures and titles; I have listed them below (some I guess are unavoidable)

- some icons are very small, sometimes almost too small to see, for example the 'up directory' arrow in file dialogs; the wished, ordered, rating etc. are also quite hard to click on due to their size.

- some of the dialog boxes that pop up, for example to export lists, or for the upgrade process, do not display properly, with some text or buttons off the bottom of the box and not displaying, or bunched together on top of other text, some of the information in the 'file details' box etc.

- when you hover over movie pictures they only expand a little bit, and the maximum size you can select in the movie view (even with only one column) is very small at this resolution (this might be a function of the resolution the images are stored at, but even if the quality would be a bit worse it would be good to have larger sizes possible)

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: 4k resolution 'bugs'
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:22 am 

Orclev wrote:
some icons are very small, sometimes almost too small to see, for example the 'up directory' arrow in file dialogs

The file dialog is handled by Windows itself, I can't modify it. How does Windows handle being used on a 4K screen. Can you show me some Windows apps that adapt better to the 4K screen?

Orclev wrote:
some of the dialog boxes that pop up, for example to export lists, or for the upgrade process, do not display properly, with some text or buttons off the bottom of the box and not displaying, or bunched together on top of other text, some of the information in the 'file details' box etc.

Screenshots, please.

Post subject: Re: 4k resolution 'bugs'
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm 

I’ll mail you some screenshots of these as well when I’m back (+some other dialogs for comparison)