It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: An old bug? Scrolling to the end...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 pm 

I seem to remember this cropping up before, but maybe not. Not a major one but occasionally annoying, and might be specific to my setup...

I'm updating the languages on some films, and the quickest for me is to edit the language (click the file, then click the edit button to get to the details, then change what is needed), then tap the enter button twice to get back to the navigation pane, and tap the right arrow key to move to the next movie.

But, if I tap the right arrow key too quickly (before I guess everything is 'refreshed'), then sometimes instead of just scrolling once to the next film, it keeps on moving from movie to movie, as if i was just holding down the arrow key, and the program stops accepting inputs. Normally it stops once it reaches the end of the list, but if the list is long the program hangs temporarily (with the rotating circle), and the 'selected film' box stops moving, then after a while (about as long as it would take to scroll to the end), the last film is selected and the program is back to normal...

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: An old bug? Scrolling to the end...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 am 

Thank you for the clear instructions, I will try to reproduce on my computer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:23 pm 

I'm sorry, I've tried on several computers, but I could not reproduce this bug. Do you have a Mac or a PC?

Orclev wrote:
might be specific to my setup...

When a bug like this happens to only some users, it's typically a matter of bad timing. Some computers are faster or slower than others, and a millisecond can make all the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 am 

That was exactly my thought, that it was some kind of race condition, so probably very hard to reproduce.

It's a PC - but it's the PC that you were making the 4k resolution changes for, so probably not worth spending very much time on (since, it is a fairly unusual set of circumstances even for me to trigger it :) )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 am 

Thank you for your understanding. I'd love to fix this bug, but I'm afraid it's too elusive.

Post subject: An old bug Scrolling to the end
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:44 pm 

Yes, please FC fix this visual bug, its really really annoying and not proper for us Opis who put so much time into the quest, thanks.