Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

program crashing after auto update to latest version

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 pm

I open the database and have auto update checked; after it updated to the latest version any attempt to add a movie causes the error "Coollector Movie Database has encountered an error and will now close. I am not able to do anything. Cannot add any movie due to this error happens every time. Please advise. Thanks

Re: program crashing after auto update to latest version

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Please detail precisely what actions you're doing (what you click, etc...) so I can try to reproduce on my computer. Do you have a Mac or a PC?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:58 pm

I have a PC. I choose movie title search; put in the name of the movie; find the correct one I own by bar code; select it; and then select add title. When I click on add title is when I get the error message.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm

metalmaniac13 wrote:I have a PC. I choose movie title search; put in the name of the movie;

Ok.

metalmaniac13 wrote:find the correct one I own by bar code; select it;

Do you mean in the "existing videos" box?

metalmaniac13 wrote:and then select add title.

Do you mean "Add as owned"?

If that's how you do it, I have no problem on my computer. Maybe there's a problem with your coollection file. Please send me your coollection file so I can test it on my computer.

How to find your coollection file: https://www.coollector.com/help.html#coollection

My email: hector at coollector dot com

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am

Yes, I am referring to Add as owned. I have sent you an email with my database file.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Good news: I've finally been able to reproduce the crash.

Another good news: your coollection file isn't corrupted.

I'm working on a fix, I'll tell you when it's ready.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Here is the fixed version:

https://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. Please tell me if you see anything wrong.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Downloaded the fix; and now the application will not open at all. What am i doing wrong? I replaced it where the other app was and when i click on it nothing happens.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 pm

metalmaniac13 wrote:Downloaded the fix; and now the application will not open at all. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry, I have no idea. I have only fixed the bug. It's working fine on my computer. Maybe a problem with your antivirus.

In a couple of days, I will release the new version. It's probably better if you wait for it.

metalmaniac13 wrote:I replaced it where the other app was and when i click on it nothing happens.

If you need the old Coollector.exe, I've put it back on the server:

https://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23 am

I got it working now with the new .exe that you posted. Found out that I was trying to use the old shortcut to access the database. Deleted previous shortcut and .exe and now it works. Thanks for your help. This database is always awesome!! Keep up the good work.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm

:V:
Post a reply