It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't automatically play VIDEO_TS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:00 pm 

I've various files that are in VIDEO_TS format, that is to say the file association stored in coollector is with a VIDEO_TS folder, with the various bup, ifo etc. files inside.

In the past these have played perfectly from coollector, however now it is throwing up an error saying it can't find the file movies\whatever\VIDEO_TS, please make sure the drive is correctly connected.

Using the 'open file location' feature still works fine, and opens the right folder (so here it would open movies\whatever, with the VIDEO_TS folder in), and the media player will happily play the movie if pointed manually to the VIDEO_TS folder, but not directly from coollecter.

It seems as though it's now trying to select the folder as a file to pass to the media player, rather than passing the whole folder (to play as a DVD) - this used to work perfectly but at some point has stopped.

On a possibly related note, it doesn't seem possible to manually associate a VIDEO_TS folder with a movie in the database; when you navigate to and select the VIDEO_TS folder in the dialog, it just opens the folder with the bup,ifo etc. files inside, rather than recognising it as a 'movie file' in it's own right. I'm sure it used to be possible as I have some files that have been manually added like this; it may just be that I can't remember the correct procedure, of course.

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Can't automatically play VIDEO_TS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:24 pm 

Orclev wrote:
now it is throwing up an error saying it can't find the file movies\whatever\VIDEO_TS, please make sure the drive is correctly connected.

That doesn't sound like a message from Coollector, more like a message from your media player.

Orclev wrote:
It seems as though it's now trying to select the folder as a file to pass to the media player, rather than passing the whole folder

I don't have any VIDEO_TS folders on my computer. Please allow me a little time to rip a DVD and test it.

Orclev wrote:
On a possibly related note, it doesn't seem possible to manually associate a VIDEO_TS folder with a movie in the database; when you navigate to and select the VIDEO_TS folder in the dialog, it just opens the folder with the bup,ifo etc. files inside, rather than recognising it as a 'movie file' in it's own right. I'm sure it used to be possible as I have some files that have been manually added like this; it may just be that I can't remember the correct procedure, of course.

I don't think it is or has ever been possible to associate a VIDEO_TS manually as the dialog which is opened is a file select dialog (not a folder select dialog). Your VIDEO_TS folders must have been associated during a disk scanning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
That doesn't sound like a message from Coollector, more like a message from your media player.

My mistake, I could reproduce the bug and it is a message from Coollector.

I'm working on it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:51 pm 

It's indeed a bug I have introduced recently. I'll soon have a fix for you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm 

Here's the fixed Coollector.exe:

https://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Thank you very much for reporting this bug!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm 

That's fixed the problem, working fine now.

And, your program is cleverer than you thought :D . If you manually associate a file to a movie, navigate into the VIDEO_TS folder, then select as the file one of the files called VIDEO_TS (works with VIDEO_TS.bup, VIDEO_TS.ifo at least), then it recognises that the file type should be set to VIDEO_TS, and will play the file properly (and for the movie name it uses the parent directory of the VIDEO_TS folder, as it should).

(I need this because, for example, I store music videos as 'episodes' of the show 'Bugs vs Daffy : Battle of the Music Video stars', so if I start typing a movie search for 'music video', this show comes up in the search, with my videos as associated files)

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm 

Orclev wrote:
And, your program is cleverer than you thought :D

Cool! It's hard to remember if I've coped for all the possible situations.