Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Batch Edit File Locations ..... Not working ??

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Ahoy Captn Hector,

Trying to do something i have not done for a while while clearing some space on external drives, though i have done this a lot in the past when moving folders around.

Using the function Tools - Manage Your video Files - Batch Edit Several file Locations

Entering an old location (Input string to be replaced - 1st dialog) >> K:\#MOVIES\2007\
and then a new one (Replace with this string) >> H:\#MOVIES\2007\
This then pops a box with Found 0 matching locations.

The existing string is definitely in the DB

Thanks for looking

Re: Batch Edit File Locations ..... Not working ??

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:16 pm

I've tried it on my computer and at first it worked fine. Then I've made more testing and that's where I've realized that the matching is case-sensitive. Please make sure that you didn't put an uppercase letter where it should have been a lowercase letter. On my side, I will modify the matching algorithm to be case-insensitive.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm

The dialog warns that it's case sensitive: "Please input the string to be replaced (case sensitive)."

At the time I've written that feature, I had decided it should be case sensitive. I don't know if it's be a good idea to change it.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks Hector,

Not sure what went awry, i am 100% sure i checked before i moved the folder and it was pointing to the old(correct drive ) at the time and i could play movies from the green arrow and locations looked correct. Today i look, and now they are pointing to the correct new location (where i moved them) .

Bit baffled

Put it down to a "User Error"

Sorry for troubling you

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm

No problem, don't hesitate to report the next time you see something wrong.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm

When the app detects that a drive letter has changed, it fixes the locations automatically. Maybe it's the explanation...
Post a reply