Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Scanning - Encountered and Error and Will Have To Close

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:02 pm

I had Coollector installed and it worked fine. I uninstalled it deleted the database and reinstalled it a few weeks later. I have three NAS drives. Two of them scanned fine after the reinstall. One however encounters the above error message and the program closes during the scan. I have tried removing the movie that is showing when the error occurs but that does not help. During one attempt it got through the entire scan and the program aborted without saving the scans and without an error message. This drive worked fine during the prior install.

Re: Scanning - Encountered and Error and Will Have To Close

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:21 pm

edhill54 wrote:I have tried removing the movie that is showing when the error occurs but that does not help.

I think it's the movie after it that must be "removed" (of course don't remove, just move elsewhere temporarily). When you'll find the culprit file, please give me its name so I can fix the bug. Thank you very much!

Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:41 pm

It is not the movie. I have tried renaming it (it hangs up at a different spot), I have tried moving it (it hangs up at a different spot.) On a few occasions it randomly scans just fine. Before the reinstall, the program scanned this drive just fine.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:17 pm

This has something to do with the mapped network drive. I was able to scan the network drive directly under "Network" and it scans fine. I would just scan the network drive but I would have duplicates because the program sees it as a different drive.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:26 pm

edhill54 wrote:I would just scan the network drive but I would have duplicates because the program sees it as a different drive.

You can remove the associations from the previous drive with the menu "Tools->Manage your video files->Batch delete several file associations".

For example if all the previous locations start with "C:\Folder\", you can un-associate all the locations that include that string.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Thanks. Rather than delete all and rescan, I was able to batch replace the file location. Worked well.

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:56 am

Even better! My bad I didn't think about it.
Post a reply