Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Scanned Movies, 320 - Owned Movies, 211?????

Tue May 18, 2021 8:38 am

When I scan for movies it shows 320 recognized files. Coollector says they have been added. When I look at 'owned' movies it only shows 211. How can I get the rest of the movies to show in the Owned list?

Re: Scanned Movies, 320 - Owned Movies, 211?????

Tue May 18, 2021 9:07 am

If you scan 10 episodes of a series, in the end you have only 1 series added. Is it the explanation?

Wed May 19, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have a 1Tb. HD with 320 movies on it. I do have it divided into sub-folders. For example, I have all my Charlie Chan, Harry Potter and Kids movies in individual folders. I had an earlier version of Coollector that showed all 320 movies as 'owned'. I had to re-install the program recently using the current version. that's when the problem started. I appreciate all your help.

Wed May 19, 2021 7:10 am

I renamed some of the folders a while back using some special characters (~, *, ^, ect.) and this apparently caused the program to fail to find the movies. I renamed them without special characters and coollator found and added them. After removing duplicates, I now have 296 movies in the database :) :) . The program shows that I 'Own' 296 movies but indicates that 211 are 'Playable'. This does not affect the usability of the program. The movies are all 'playable'. It's just an interesting quirk. Love the program, keep up the good work :up:

Wed May 19, 2021 9:47 am

asj 3 wrote:I had an earlier version of Coollector that showed all 320 movies as 'owned'.

I thought it was the scanning that had reported 320 videos found. Now I understand better.

asj 3 wrote:I renamed some of the folders a while back using some special characters (~, *, ^, ect.) and this apparently caused the program to fail to find the movies.

That's quite surprising, it shouln't have any effect. Please give me an example of a folder name that stops working after adding special characters.

asj 3 wrote:The movies are all 'playable'. It's just an interesting quirk.

It would greatly help if you could identify 1 movie in this case so we can analyze the issue.
Post a reply