Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Scanner has problem with files starting [A-A] or A-A

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:08 am

I've got some files that start with the text [A-A], and the scanner has real trouble with them - it runs very slowly, several seconds or more per file, sometimes the scanning window dissapears for a time then reappears, 'abort' button responds very slowly, etc.

I've done a bit of playing around, and it also happens if the text is changed to A-A without the brackets, but doesn't seem to occur with any other letters - change the starting text to [A-B], U-G, [B-B] all scan with no problems, and also needs the hyphen, [AA], AA also have no problems.

Let me know if you need any more info/tests, if you can't replicate it...in the meantime it's easy to work around just by renaming the files :lol:

Thanks,

Re: Scanner has problem with files starting [A-A] or A-A

Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:13 pm

Orclev wrote:I've got some files that start with the text [A-A]
What? :wacko:

The algorithm can't match the right movie if the title starts with [A-A].

Orclev wrote:the scanner has real trouble with them - it runs very slowly, several seconds or more per file, sometimes the scanning window dissapears for a time then reappears, 'abort' button responds very slowly, etc.

I'm not surprised, "A" is a very common article that can be found in many titles.

Orclev wrote:Let me know if you need any more info/tests, if you can't replicate it...

I'm sorry, I can't consider it as a bug.

Orclev wrote:in the meantime it's easy to work around just by renaming the files :lol:
That's definitively what you need to do! :ok:
Post a reply