Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Crashing bug

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:20 am

Hi,

Another one that's cropped up; with filters set to 'Owned' and 'Not Watched', if I then rate a film Coolector crashes. Same thing happens when unrating a film with 'Watched' or 'Recently Watched' set; also when changing the rating on a watched film with the filter set to 'watched', so not just adding/removing. Although I guess changing could count as removing then adding. The changes are there when I reopen the app so it happens after that.

It's a 'clean' crash ("Coollector encountered an error...") so creates .dmp and .xml crash files if you can't reproduce it.

Thanks,

Re: Crashing bug

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:41 am

Thank you very much for your report!

Here's a version that fixes the bugs you previously reported in another thread:

https://www.coollector.com/GLITCH/Coollector.exe

I've tried it and it doesn't seem to crash for what you describe.

Could you please try give it a try?

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:40 am

The 'Predicted' bug is fixed but I'm still getting the crashes; I've uploaded the crash files from the most recent one, which may shed some light.

Thanks,
Attachments
Coollector.dmp
(195.09 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Coollector.xml
(7.73 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:13 pm

Indeed I can make it crash the version I've given you. But when I used the debug version, it doesn't crash at all. Unfortunately, the crash dump created by the release version doesn't give any useful information.

I'll have a hard time fixing this one :worried:

Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:52 pm

Another data point which may or may not help - I get the same crashing behavior when I add a rating with 'Owned' and 'Predicted Excellent' filters set. It also happens if the Predicted filter is changed to something else, but not if it is cleared :

Filters 'Owned' + 'Predicted Excellent' - select movie from list - change rating - Crash
Filters 'Owned' + 'Predicted Excellent' - select movie from list - clear Predicted filter - change rating - no crash
Filters 'Owned' + 'Predicted Excellent' - select movie from list - change Predicted filter to 'Very Good and below', so selected movie is no longer in list - change rating - Crash

It does look like the list visibly refreshes after the crash message box appears; maybe its something to do with whatever updates the movie list after a change in a field that could affect the list? (like when clearing the 'Wished' field makes a movie disappear from the 'Wished' filtered list?

Anyway, if there's anything I can try out to help let me know.

Thanks,

Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:39 pm

Orclev wrote:Anyway, if there's anything I can try out to help let me know.

No worries, I've finally nailed it :w00t:

I've had to compare new code with previous code that didn't crash. Very tedious because I had made a lot of changes.

Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:43 am

New version 4.21.1 has been released.
Post a reply