Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Export this List bug

Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:59 pm

Hi,

It looks like there is a bug when you try to export a list as XML - specifically if you include the 'watched' field as one of the ones to export. If that is selected the program crashes (gracefully enough to leave the dmp/xml files if those would help). I think selecting this field used to export both the True/False for <Watched> and also the personal rating into <Rated> - the personal rating was my reason for exporting this field, IIRC.

Let me know if any more info would help,

Thanks,

Re: Export this List bug

Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:02 am

Coollector didn't crash when I made the test on my computer.

Please send me your coollection file so I can try with it.

My email is: hector at coollector dot com

Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm

File sent - it didn't crash with a smaller set of movies to export (e.g. exporting the 'Watched' list), but only with the full list.

Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:18 pm

What do you mean "the full list"? Export won't work if there's no filter at all... Which filters did you use?

Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:17 pm

Hi Hector,

Sorry, I've been slightly unclear :D

The crash occurs when I export to XML with the only list filter being 'Owned' (i.e after I press the 'Owned' button at the top, so the list is of all owned movies). I don't get the crash when, for example,I export to XML with the list filter being 'Watched' - still a long list but much smaller than 'Owned'

Then in the dialog box after i click 'Export this list', I have several options selected - Original Title, IMDB popularity + rating, Predicted, Loaned, Tags, Genres, Location, Languages/Sound - and also 'Watched'. I only get the crash when I have 'Watched' selected in this dialog box (it gets as far as asking me if I want to overwrite the existing file, since I am saving to the same filename, then crashes after a couple of seconds).If I have all the others (Original title etc') selected, but not Watched, then the export to XML happens fine.

Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:24 pm

Orclev wrote:I don't get the crash when, for example,I export to XML with the list filter being 'Watched'

That's exactly what I had tried, hence no crash :sorry:

Orclev wrote:The crash occurs when I export to XML with the only list filter being 'Owned'

I could reproduce the bug, thank you very much for reporting it!

Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 pm

Your coollection file is very very slightly corrupted...

Your rating of "Big Trouble in Little China" has a theorically impossible value that makes the app crash. I don't know how this corruption has happened, but because this movie is among the oldests in your coollection, we can probably assume that it's a very old bug that has long been fixed.

Thankfully your coollection is very easy to repair. Simply give a rating to "Big Trouble in Little China" and the bug will be gone (you can cancel your rating if you haven't actually seen it).

Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:38 pm

Thanks Hector, that has fixed it!

(in fact, as soon as i had typed 'Big Trouble in' into the search, the app crashed immediately (with the 'unable to save changes' error - then reopened with the film selected, and no rating set...)

Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:48 pm

I've had the same error too, I thought it was just me, but it appears to be a consequence of the corruption.

Glad it's fixed!
Post a reply