It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: unable to load coollector
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:10 pm 

Help! ':sos:'

After the mar 20 upgrade, I was able to work with the program. But when I closed it, i was not able to use the program. The program opens, it checks for and updates prices, and provides the "download complete" or the "everything is up to date" message and then it freezes. I cannot click of the close button of the close box (it beeps) and I cannot navigate the program. When I use the task manager to close the program I get the "connot close rogram the application is waiting for a response" message. Waiting, or anything else does not allow the program to continue. The update box remains dim and it will not allow me to close it. :problem:

I have tried closing it with the task manager, rebooting my system, I even downloaded and reinstalled the program. I get the same results. The one thing I have not tried is to uninstall coolector and downloading and reinstalling it again. (I have nearly two thousand titles - many in VHS that were added from scratch - and I am afraid of loosing the data file if I uninstall it.) ':cry2:'

I have enjoyed this program and have been able to provide a lot of information about the ollection to friends who regularly borrow the titles. I still have about 800 titles to add.

Do you have any suggestions? :shock:

Post subject: Re: unable to load coollector
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:52 pm 

Hi chgoteddy ! (that's funny, you registered precisely 1 year ago, happy birthday...)

About your problem, please try the following procedure:
1) Coollector must be closed.
2) Go to the folder "My Documents\Coollector".
3) Delete the folder "Tmp".
4) Launch Coollector, and if necessary, allow it several minutes to rebuild the indexing (you have a rather big collection).

Please report if it worked or not.

chgoteddy wrote:
The one thing I have not tried is to uninstall coolector and downloading and reinstalling it again. (I have nearly two thousand titles - many in VHS that were added from scratch - and I am afraid of loosing the data file if I uninstall it.) ':cry2:'

Don't worry, when you uninstall Coollector, all your data is preserved. Anyway, it's a good idea to keep a backup safe somewhere (as your computer might be stolen or broken).

All your data is contained inside the file "My Documents\Coollector\MyCoollection.cool". I highly recommend you make regular backups of this file.

chgoteddy wrote:
I have enjoyed this program and have been able to provide a lot of information about the collection to friends who regularly borrow the titles.

If your friends have Coollector installed, you just have to send them your "MyCoollection.cool" file. They can save it wherever they want, and read it simply by double clicking it !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:44 pm 

Thanks Hector.

The tip with removing the temo file did not work. I tried everything. But, deleting the temp file before uninstalling and re-installing coollector did work!

:D I am now a happy camper again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:18 pm 

Very strange... but glad your problem is solved :D