Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

v. 2.51: Error: Can't find english.movies.dat

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi!

After upgrading to version 2.51 I get an error message: "cant find documents\coollector\databases\english.movies.dat" .
Reinstalling the software does not solve the problem.
I've searched for the database and it is stored in the folder 'dokumente und einstellungen\all users\gemeinsame dokumente\coollector' (I have a german version of windows)
Until now, I never had similar problems.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Norak !

Thank you very much for reporting this bug !

I have prepared a fix: http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

Replace your current Coollector.exe with this one, and please confirm that the problem is solved. Thanks !

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes, that solved the problem.
Thanks!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I got this same error with the update I just got today (haven't been on coollector in a few days). After I got it, it worked fine. But then again adding a few things it would lock up having to use task manager to end it. This happened not once but like 4 times. Using nero, firefox, and an explorer window at the same time on windows 7.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 pm

PAnimal wrote:I got this same error with the update I just got today (haven't been on coollector in a few days). After I got it, it worked fine. But then again adding a few things it would lock up having to use task manager to end it. This happened not once but like 4 times. Using nero, firefox, and an explorer window at the same time on windows 7.

For the moment, I have no idea what's happening, sorry.

The program has serious stability issues, and that really pisses me off !

Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it disappears but is still running in the background...

During the next weeks, I'll try several things, and I hope I'll get some results.
Post a reply