It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:29 am 

It's working well, nice work. I see you've put some logic in to feed the correct fullscreen switch to SMPlayer.

Quote:
I insisted because I assumed I could convert a char* to a wchar_t* with a single command, but a google search showed me that it was a bit more complex.

Yeah, you'd need to do some conversion of the underlying string data to properly convert from single-byte to double-byte. You could certainly cast the pointer from one type to another, but that would do nothing to change the underlying data sitting in memory. It would just fool the compiler into letting you pass a pointer to incorrect data, thus setting it up to fail. I'm sure there are functions set up (probably built into the Win32 API) to convert from one type of string to another, I've just never looked for them.

Anyway, thanks for the fix, and I'll keep an eye out for upcoming versions. I'm interested to see what sort of changes you've got in the works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 am 

windexlight wrote:
I see you've put some logic in to feed the correct fullscreen switch to SMPlayer.

With all the players, I use the switch "/fullscreen".
Except for SMPlayer, where I use the switch "-fullscreen".
And VLC, where I use the switch "-f".
I'll add more exceptions if users report problems with some other players.

windexlight wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the fix, and I'll keep an eye out for upcoming versions. I'm interested to see what sort of changes you've got in the works.

You're welcome. And thank you for your help !

I'm about to release a new version with only the country of origin, because the interface reorganization I talked to you about still requires some more days of work, it'll be available the version after.