It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
After test2 was downloaded, I moved it to the Coollector directory. When ran, my protective creature swallowed it up because my external drives lit up with activity.

After freeing test2 from quarantine, it ran normally.

You, Sir, have a monster hiding inside the guts of your computer. Take care !

gigagiggles wrote:
"Circus Kids" was selected twice at the beginning of test1. After twice crashing, I moved on to the rest of the China-filtered titles. Upon reaching the end of the list without a crash, I scrolled back to "Circus Kids" and its selection crashed.

Ok, thanks for confirming it was systematic.

But the only existing video of "Circus Kids" is a 2-pack. So please detail the exact method you used to add this movie.

gigagiggles wrote:
"Purple Butterfly" had previously been added in test1. However, I missed all the signs of that and tried to add it. And it crashed.

"0_1_0" also crashed.

Please send me your current coollection file, again at this address: hector at coollector dot com

And apart from those few movies, I can't tell from your message whether test2 could add movies that couldn't be added with the original version of Coollector. It's important for me to know, because logically test2 should work as badly as the normal version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:27 am 

"But the only existing video of "Circus Kids" is a 2-pack. So please detail the exact method you used to add this movie."

The method is always the same as previously used. I've no interest to add from scratch until version 3.0. Also, "Circus Kids" has one icon "'dvd' x 1 (pack)".

"And apart from those few movies, I can't tell from your message whether test2 could add movies that couldn't be added with the original version of Coollector. It's important for me to know, because logically test2 should work as badly as the normal version."

I've found that for those titles that have only one icon x1, the original crashes, test1 goes through the number sequence to 5 and allows additions, and test2 crashes, regardless to whether it has been added or not.

For those titles that have more than x1, the original works, test1 goes through the number sequence to 3 and then loops back to the point before left-clicking the dvd icons, and test2 is normal with the pop-up menu of the available dvd and blu-ray to select from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 pm 

I answered you by mail, but never got a response. Maybe my mail got lost, or finished into your spam box.

Here's a copy of my mail:

(cool) Hector wrote:
> I've found that for those titles that have
> only one icon x1, the original crashes, test1
> goes through the number sequence to 5 and
> allows additions, and test2 crashes, regardless
> to whether it has been added or not.
>
> For those titles that have more than x1, the
> original works, test1 goes through the number
> sequence to 3 and then loops back to the point
> before left-clicking the dvd icons, and test2
> is normal with the pop-up menu of the available
> dvd and blu-ray to select from.

Very good, at least it makes sense: as expected, Test2 works as badly as normal version; Test1 worked because displaying the test message prevented the bug.

I have created a Test3:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_Test3.exe

that won't display the numbers as messages, but instead will save them into the file "C:\Test3.txt". This way, the program will crash, and I'll know where by looking at the file.

1) go to "the Children of Huang Shi".
2) click the "existing videos" box (program will crash).
2) send me the resulting "C:\Test3.txt".

Best regards,
Hector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 am 

I added a different test of my own.

I installed 2.81 on another PC and ran through the paces. Only one crash occurred, on "Circus Kids". However, this crash did not re-occur.

I was able to add, remove, rate, unrate. Please disregard my comments in my e-mail about the removing of titles. I figured out my error on that aspect.

As for the Coollector crashes in my original PC, I'm still puzzled. The obvious differences between the two PCs are the screen resolutions and months of changes to the first OS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:08 am 

After further testing on the second PC, I was able to replicate the crash by "Circus Kids". From a normal screen of alphabetically-sorted titles, I typed in 'circus' and pressed the spacebar. This leaves the potentials hanging at the top and the associated titles at the bottom. I left-clicked "Circus Kids" and try to add. The crash occurs then.

If I typed in the full title of "Circus Kids", the process continues successfully with no crash.

When I ran test4 and had "Circus Kids" on the right panel, I was able to add (number sequence 1-7 in txt file generated), and remove (1-3, 7). However, if I try again to add, the crash occurs and no numbers are generated, it's an empty txt file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:44 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
As for the Coollector crashes in my original PC, I'm still puzzled. The obvious differences between the two PCs are the screen resolutions and months of changes to the first OS.

This bug comes from hell, I'm desperate :shout:

Since there was no crash when adding 'The Brothers of Huang Shi" with the second test (the one which displayed messages with numbers), I've tried to reproduce the effect of displaying those messages...

Please replace your Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

and tell me if you see an improvement.