Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Crash on startup

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:29 am

I have downloaded the latest ver. of Coolector, it just crashes on startup. I'm running Win XP home. I tried to uninstall it and reinatall but the same result.
Thanks

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Please try the portable version, to see if you get better results:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_Portable_Setup.exe

( the portable version is meant to be used on an USB key, but you can install it wherever you want on your hard drive )

Same Result

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Tried the portable Coolector, it will run with an admin. account but not on other accounts. It starts but then it disappears and the 5 center buttons are gone.

Thanks

Re: Same Result

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:41 pm

rahnman wrote:Tried the portable Coolector, it will run with an admin. account but not on other accounts.

Where did you install it ? It has to be a location where a non-admin is allowed to write.

rahnman wrote:It starts but then it disappears and the 5 center buttons are gone.

The 5 center buttons have disappeared since a couple of versions. They've been replace by a menu bar (below the title bar).

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 am

I installed in the default location.

Thanks

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:22 am

rahnman wrote:I installed in the default location.

What do you mean "the default location" ?

The default location of the normal version is "Program Files", and it won't work with the portable version because you need admin rights to write to "Program Files".

rahnman wrote:Thanks

You could make it work ?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:57 am

I will change the install location and give that a try.
Thanks
Post a reply