It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: cwb--crashing while browsing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 pm 

At font size of 100% and 125% in a 1920x1080 screen, the movie synopses are legible without oversized or undersized fonts.

"Now that I'm aware of the problem, I'll try to improve the situation. But it's not a priority, and it'll take many months."

Scrolling scrollable synopses continues to cause freezes/crashes as previously outlined regardless of system font size. This is of greater concern to me in finding value in the synopses of the movies database. I don't feel you've acknowledged the bug I've reiterated in this thread. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 pm 

No freezing for me, I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the bug.

Are you using the wheel of your mouse ?

What happens when you use the scrollbar ?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 am 

I've noticed you've been asking about the scrolling techniques people use recently. With version .20, I continue my investigation.

With the mouse cursor hovering above the scrollable synopsis window, my scrollwheel has no effect. The scrollwheel will slowly scroll the performers in the right panel and movies in the left panel.

When I use the cursor on the scrollbar placeholder to scroll the synopsis, the program continues to function thereafter.

When I use the cursor on the up/down arrows of the scrollbar of the synopsis window, any activity elsewhere thereafter will lock the program and taskman has to be used to close it.

AS I was discovering the above, something else happened that I had not noticed before this version. When I use the cursor on the up/down arrows of any scrollbar, any activity thereafter will lock down the program. Oddly, if the cursor uses the scrollbar above or below the placeholder and even the placeholder itself, there is no negative effect.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 am 

gigagiggles wrote:
With the mouse cursor hovering above the scrollable synopsis window, my scrollwheel has no effect.

I've increased my font size, and the scrollwheel keeps working fine.

gigagiggles wrote:
When I use the cursor on the scrollbar placeholder to scroll the synopsis, the program continues to function thereafter.

Sorry, I don't understand the word "placeholder" in this context.

gigagiggles wrote:
When I use the cursor on the up/down arrows of the scrollbar of the synopsis window, any activity elsewhere thereafter will lock the program and taskman has to be used to close it.

I don't have the same thing.

gigagiggles wrote:
When I use the cursor on the up/down arrows of any scrollbar, any activity thereafter will lock down the program.

I don't have the same thing.

gigagiggles wrote:
Oddly, if the cursor uses the scrollbar above or below the placeholder and even the placeholder itself, there is no negative effect.

I don't understand.

I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid I can't fix a bug if I can't reproduce it.